Chapter Thirty Nine: His Weakness

[A/N]

Just so you guys know, I was losing my mind over school matters that one night, I woke up at 3, on a school night by the way, and couldn't go back to sleep, that I decided to write the smut part of this chapter and was done here and there.

Chapter 39, prepare for Chapter 40 cause the later chapters have been in my head even before I wrote the prologue *evil laughs*

ENJOY!

HUNTER

It has been the third place they were about to ambush.

Hunter started to get more agitated than ever.

"You sure if this is the place?"

"Well, we might as well try," Luca replied. He was giddy. Well, it has been a while since both of them were in a fieldwork together. Hunter rarely on his feet unless it was necessary. Harder for him to actually to do this kind of job after being a Pakhan. Not if Godfather wouldn't approve it.

But in this case, Vladimir was still resting and Hunter went without his papa's interjections.

If they were catching the Rogues, Hunter would join. And he would kill Ash for hurting the ones he loved.

The freezing air hit the nape of his neck. Hunter grunted. "We've been squatting here for more than 10 minutes. And there are no lights! Can we move?" He hissed in the intercom.

"Calm down." Luca sounded annoyed. "It shows our men how lacking you've been in the field." Hunter felt painfully aware that there are four of his men hiding behind him ready for his signal.

It was not hot but the bulletproof vest all they wore made him sweaty. It was bad enough that he wore a black vest and a shirt underneath. Why he thought wearing three pieces suit was a great idea?! His grip on his handgun was starting to strain.

"Now!" Luca hissed, Hunter jumped from his position. "W-What!" Hunter readied himself, standing up, ready to barged inside. "My team heads first, and then in my order, you go." Luca instructed.

"One." They were by the door.

"Two." His men stay back, ready to barged the door. His gun was loaded, reading to shoot.

"Now." They did. The barged the door and Hunter walked in, alarmed. The arsenal was dark, he could hear droplets of water falling. Suddenly the air was so cold. When his eyes abled to adsorbed the darkness, with the help of light from Luca and his men, Hunter breath hitched. The arsenal was empty. Another failure.

"Wait." Luca sounded alarmed. "In front of you. Turn on the lights!" His cousin came near him.

"Godammit." Hunter cringed and closed his eyes tightly when they turned on the lights. There was someone in this room with them. Someone dead. He was big, sat on the chair in the middle of the room, back faced Hunter. He came near him, when he was finally facing the dead man, Hunter turned furious.

It was the same man who harassed Haru. The sound of her scream attacked his memory. Her cries that reminded him that he was a failure for not catching the ones who did to her sooner. The worst part was, he was actually alive. Hunter could see his chest went up and down slowly over his bloody shirt.

He slapped the man. Gun ready.

"Wake up." Hunter demanded. He slapped him again when he didn't respond. "Wake up, you piece of shit."