Chapter Twenty Eight: A Warning Call

{A/N} Things about to get... serious.

HUNTER

      "That's fast." Luca's monotone voice jolted Hunter as the limo moved away from the streets of Brooklyn.

     "Wh-! What are you doing here and-" He looked at the end left of the seat, Callahan stared at him while cupping his mouth as if Hunter just shoot someone.

    "Callahan?"

    "Did you just-"

    "Yes!" Hunter proclaimed and then turned to Luca who sat facing him in the limo. "I kissed her!" He then turned to Callahan again. "Happy?"

    Luca chuckled. "I didn't say anything. Just it's faster than I expected." He said and grabbed a bottle of rum that been displayed next to him.

    "Same." Callahan agreed.

     "Okay, shut up, both of you. Promise me, you don't tell anyone about this." He pointed at both of them

    Luca laughed and followed by Callahan. "Who to tell?" both of them said in unison. Hunter's eyes squinted in annoyance.

• • • • •

     Callahan forgot to tell Hunter what was the reason he was picking him up. Hunter would've stayed longer at the Walts if he hadn't called. And he would not be taunted in the car.

    "Your grandfather is coming. Tomorrow morning exactly." Callahan said as the limo parked in from of the Laskov's mansion.

    "Fuck. Off." Luca groaned. Hunter just stared at Callahan for further explanation. "I don't know either." The old man shrugged at him. "Suddenly your father said and told me to pick you up."

    The three of them walked to the meeting room. All the warmth he felt just suddenly disappeared. Even the kiss he had couldn't stop Hunter from thinking of the Laskov's first generation. "I haven't seen grandpapa ever since I was eight." Hunter's voice were low at the sudden realization.

    "Lucky you." Luca said, suddenly his expression turned gloomy.

    "What is he like?" Hunter turned to his cousin.

    "The only thing I know he didn't feel anything when my mom died and the fact that I'm grateful as fuck to migrate here with you guys."

  • • • • •  

     Hunter barely remembered his grandpapa but he remembered the fear he brought to his family. The mansion was practically filled with people cleaning it. "Careful with that vase- oh my...! The grill! The grill!!" His mama screamed.

    "Mama, he's coming tomorrow, not to-"

     "Shh-" Pynita snapped and continued screaming.

     "Let her be..." His papa suddenly appeared beside him. Hunter side eyed him. It was the right moment when Pynita entered Vladimir's study room, and papa never let anyone go to the room. Hunter raised his eyebrows. "Now let her be?"

     "Okay maybe not." Vladimir dashed to his study room. Hunter smiled and wished Haru was with him at this moment.

     He...missed her.

__________***__________

HARU