Chapter Seventeen: Midnight Talk

{a/n] HAS ANYONE WATCHING GOBLIN (Korean Drama)??? IT IS SOOOOOOO GOOOOD

Chapter 17!!

ENJOY! -Amni

HARU

When the policeman made his leave, the awkward tension surfaced between her and the two men. Luca, including Hunter were tall and scary looking, not to mention, this brooding aura around them. She jogged ahead of Luca, staring at Hunter, who was sleeping in Luca's arms. Luca gave him medication for him to rest and after dinner, his eyes were closed shut.

She was aware at that time, when Luca carried Hunter to bed, while she made the bed for him to lay, it was when Hunter was in his fragile state. She could see his chest when up and down slowly, breathing from afar. And he wasn't aware of his surroundings, wherries that she could see that Luca was struggling to carry him while she was in a hurry to make his bed.

Yet, even it was comical, she couldn't make a sound, not after this afternoon, when she almost lost her life. The sound of the bullet breaking the window was almost an echo with glasses piercing her skin.

She heard Hunter slightly groaned when Luca placed him on the bed. "Shit..." Luca cursed. He accidentally touched Hunter's wound. And red liquid drew out until his white cloth was turning red.

She climbed up to the bed out of instinct. "Do we need to change it?"

Luca sighed. "Yeah... I think the stitches ran from its position..." Luca placed Hunter's head on Haru's lap. "Let him be like this. I'll be right back." Luca ran outside of the room.

Haru's attention snapped back as she could feel Hunter was scrunching his face as he groaned again. She was perplexed herself because she realized that he was sleeping on her lap, he was the first guy to ever do that. He was also the first that made her heart beat this fast out of worry and embarrassment. She should thank god that he wasn't conscious when this was happening.

She reached her hand out and slowly ran her fingers through his brown hair for him to feel more comfortable. His face relaxed a bit and his breaths were starting to slow and steady. Haru left a sigh of relief and ran her fingers on his head a few more times then she stopped. His head was facing to her belly. She could see how long his lashes were. Well, compared to hers, his was absurdly unfair. His nose was tall and pointy, and he has a balanced amount of freckles on each side of his cheeks. She counted them. The earring that she just realized about, almost made his symmetrical and boyish features looked a little bit edgy.

He would make a good model for my drawing...

Come to think of it, Hunter was actually... handsome?

Luca came rushing back. "Does he act strangely when I was gone?" Haru stammered. "N..No. He was groaning from the pain earlier."

"Oh, that's why you..." He pointed at Haru's hand. She was unaware that she was stroking Luca's cousin hair again. Her hand snapped back. And she moved slightly as a sort of gesture for Luca.

Luca went sitting on the bed and lifted Hunter's head from Haru's lap to the pillow nearby. "The older he gets, the weaker he becomes..." Luca muttered, while unwrapped Hunter's wound. A boy growing up in an aggressive environment would have gotten hurt a lot.

"Does he always get hurt?" Haru asked, curious.

"Of course. Sometimes too much."

Luca didn't look up at her since he was busy treating the wound. When she asked the question, he scoffed. She pursed her lips not wanting to ask any question. She was as curious as a cat, but she never or brave to ask out, that was she has always had been. For her, sometimes, asking questions was like asking to be killed, not physically, but more emotionally. Some of the answers to our questions were not as we wanted. That was why she never bothered to call her dad again after she was announced to be Hunter's bride. That phone call at the rooftop was the last one. Why she even bothered to even care for that pathetic of a father?