Chapter Forty Six: After

[A/N] It's officially Capricorn season aka my season!!!!

And also, I watched Spiderverse like three times already... hELP...

ENJOY!

HARU

A Week After

When she saw him playing the piano in the crack of the heavy doors, Haru's heart jumped. She had been trying to find him ever since Hunter left, and Nijiiro Hinata was the first person in her head to ask.

Haru slid through the chair and made Nijiiro fall flat on his side. And started with; "Do you know where he is?" followed by "I don't believe you if you say you don't know." and followed on and on questions about Hunter's whereabouts.

As minutes passed, followed by tears, Nijiiro answered all of them with "I don't know!" He was so annoyed by her to the point he walked back and forth from the grand piano to the door to calmed his nerves.

"I can't believe you think that I could even hold a secret from you!" He yelped, hands sweeping in his hair. "You know I even on your side that- him leaving was fucking stupid and see how true I was! You're acting like a loser."

It made Haru cried like a loser because she was being like a loser. Nijiiro stopped being an asshole for a second and kneeled in front of her, starring and keeping his mouth shut.

She didn't blame him, it was just the feeling of failing for a week trying to find him. She explained to Nijiiro that she had tried all she could finding him, she went to the Lanskov's mansion only to find it was empty. The house has no any single furniture nor the statues in the garden. Haru even went to Hunter's club only to find it changed ownership and the new owner was an ordinary New Yorker and bought the club anonymously through a called.

She was skeptical but then he said that the club was sold at a very low price and being it was built strategically, it was easy to sell it.

Then, finally Nijiiro.

The time she cried, they were in the recital hall alone. Nijiiro was practicing for his test on Friday and he had been ghosting ever since he went out from the hospital. Heck, Haru didn't even know he was in a hospital.

She was exhausted, that after blurted everything to him, crying too at that, she decided to lie down on the wooden floor, weeping like a rich mother in an Asian drama finding out her only son was marrying a commoner.

"Ugh." she heard him grimaced but Njirro laid beside her despite it. The yellow lights of the stage blinded her but she was crying and was blinded anyways. For a minute, Nijiiro let her weep, their elbows touched. Not until her weep turned to muffled, Nijiiro finally opened up. "He knew you miscarried." He said in one swift breath.

Haru glanced at him and then turned back to the yellow lights. She put her arm on her mouth, lightly bit her skin, trying to calm down.

"How did you know?" She muffled, her lips still attached on her own skin.

Nijiiro sat up and hovered her. He pulled her arm away and locked it on the floor with his hand. "Luca." He sighed. "Hunter knew from him and then told me and Ray."

When she didn't answer, Nijiiro sighed. "I'm sorry to hear about your lost..." Haru shook her head furiously. "No, don't be, it wasn't a fully developed baby and I didn't expect one, really. I wasn't ready." Nijiiro understood but he grinned anyway. "Well, the main reason for him leaving was him knowing you miscarried." It made Haru felt really bad.