Blinded |Ignis x Blinded Reader|

⚠️ WARNING⚠️
SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVN'T LEFT ALTISSIA!

(A/n) Here, I'm going to try to write about what happened to Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis while Noctis got Leviathan's blessing. It won't be what happened because I don't actually know what happened. Enjoy!

(Y/n) POV

Noctis is about to gain Leviathan's blessing. Prompto, Ignis, Gladio, and I's job is to evacuate the citizens and delay the impending Niflheim forces. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

"Ok everyone, ready?" Gladio questions, facing us. "Ready as I'll ever be," I reply, not wanting to take too long. "You bet!" Prompto says enthusiastically. "Let us go then," Ignis says, casting me a quick glance of reassurance. Thank you Ignis, I needed that. I think, hoping 4 people could evacuate all of Altissia and delay all of Niflheim's forces. But in his glance, I got all the comfort I needed.

"Alright then, lets go," Gladio says running toward the crowd of people listening to Luna's speech. Let's do this.

*short time skip*

Everything is going perfectly. We had successfully evacuated the citizens and were doing a pretty good job delaying the Nifs. That's when I see it. A MT trooper throws what looks like a small bomb at Ignis, while his back is turned. "IGNIS LOOK OUT!" I shout, before pushing him out of the way. Using my sword to hit the bomb away. Only to have it hit a column and explode. Before I fall unconscious, I swear I see Ardyn's ship.

*Time skip*

I open my eyes to be greeted by darkness. What's happening? Why is everything so dark? I sit up realizing I was laying down. My hands touch something soft...a blanket maybe.

"Ah, I see your awake," I hear Ignis' voice say. "Ignis? Where are you? Why can't I see anything?" I ask, feeling something soft covering my eyelids.

"(Y/n...when the bomb exploded on that column, pieces of it caused massive injury around your eyes and left you blind," he says, sadness lacing his voice. What? I'm blind...I'll never be able to see the sun, or the sky, or Ignis' beautiful green eyes. My heart is heavy from my thoughts.

"When you pushed me away from the bomb, you took the major damage from the explosion. You, saved me," he states sadly.

"I'm glad I saved you then, being blind is a reasonable price to pay for your life," I say, deriving all emotion from my voice. "(Y/n), I'm so so sorry, it should have been me," he says, his voice cracking a bit as if he was crying. "Ignis, it's not your fault, this was entirely my decision. I'm glad to have saved your life....because I love you Ignis, and if I hadn't saved your life, I would have never been able to live with myself," I say wishing I could see his reaction.

All I heard was silence.

What have I done? I've just ruined years of friendship with 5 stupid words. The thought made my eyes water. After a few seconds, the thing around my eyes becomes wet as a result of my tears.

I then feel something soft and warm press against my lips. I hear soft breathing close by and realize what's happening.

He's kissing me.

Once I realize what is happening, I kiss back. Letting time stop around me. We stop when breathing became a necessity again.

"Ignis, did you kiss me?" I ask, not trusting my senses yet. "Yes (y/n), I love you too. I've always loved you," Ignis says lovingly, kissing me again. I feel the bed beside me dip and feel his body next to mine. He then hugs me closely until I fall asleep. I then think one last thing before falling asleep...

Being blind doesn't matter, as long as I'm with you.