8: ONLY WRAPPED IN TOWELS

“What are we going to do today?” Matthew asked at the table, where we all where together for breakfast.

Nash shrugged and putted a piece of bacon into his mouth.

“Marie?” Taylor asked, “do you have any idea?”

The rest of the boys planted their eyes in the direction of Marie. She took a sip of her orange juice as she rolled her eyes, to show us she was thinking of a place we could go. Then she suddenly lighted up, “I got it!” she yelled, “Tivoli!”

“What the hell is Tivoli?” Aaron asked with a confused look in his eyes.

“It’s an amusement park,” I answered, “Denmark is quite famous for their Tivoli in Copenhagen.”

Marie looked at me. I looked back, and she smiled to me.

“Okay then mister smart,” Aaron laughed.

“Where did you know that from?” Marie asked, still smiling at me.

I stroked my shoulder, to act like I was proud; “I told you I was a nerd during high school.”

Marie giggled, “You’re so cute.”

I felt butterflies. Cute. She said I was cute. I grabbed her hand under the table. She looked down on it, and I saw she smiled. I could’ve cheered from joy.

Bart came into the room, “have you found out what you guys are gonna do today?” He grabbed an apple on his way, before he sat down next to Hayes.

“Yeah,” Nash said while he chewed on some of his breakfast, “we’ve been talking about Tivoli.”

“Oh Tivoli,” he said, “the amusement park.”

Aaron send me a look, as I laughed, “look guys it’s only you who doesn’t know what Tivoli is.” I said.

Bart looked confused, and I understand, he wasn’t in the room, when we talked about it, so…

“It was just Marie, she said we could go there, and the other guys didn’t know what it was, so I explained it to them,” I said before I stuck a piece of bread into my mouth. Bart nodded and seemed to understand, because he smiled to me. We were forgiven for being home too late yesterday. I could feel that.

I finished my breakfast and send Marie a look to see if she was finish yet. Which she was. She looked at me, so I took the chance to ask her if she wanted to go back to the room with me.

She nodded.

I dragged Marie’s chair out, so she could get up. As we left the room, Marie grabbed my hand. Her hand was cold. I guess she was outside too long yesterday, it was so cold there.

I heard the boys whistled as they saw we were holding hands.

I kept walking, but still I turned my head around to face them as I stuck my tongue out.

We were no longer in the room where we ate, but on our way upstairs as Marie giggled, “they’re so sweet, I mean the boys. I like them more than ever.” I looked at her, but then she looked down, “but…” she stopped.

“But?” I asked.

She raised her head to look at me, and we stopped walking, “but I like you more.” Then she looked down again.

I wrapped my arms around her and I felt my heartbeat beating fast, “I really like…” I paused a bit, to consider if I should say ´love´ or if it would be too fast to say, “you.” I finished, decided not to say love, even though I really wanted to. I guess it would have been a bit too transcended for her, I mean, the whole thing with her parents telling her they loved her without doing it and stuff. But the point is and was, I loved her. I loved her not only with my body, but with my heart and soul too.