14: BIRTHDAY GIFTS

“Are you ready?” I asked, looking worried at Marie, because of her sudden stop right in front of the door to the hotel.

“I don’t know,” she mumbled, staring straight at the big glass door.

I furrowed my eyebrows, “why boo?”

She then looked at me, “I don’t know what happens at a birthday party.”

I smiled, “with us you’re just gonna have fun. Don’t worry baby. I promise.”

She smiled, breathed out and started to walk. I breathed out in relief, and caught myself smiling. I then shook my head, oh gosh what this girl did to me.

We went to the common room, and the first thing we saw was purple, pink, blue and green balloons everywhere, and colorful streamers in the roof.

“Wow,” she smiled, “Is this just for me.”

I nodded, “just for you baby.”

When we saw the long decorated table, Marie got tears in her eyes, “did all the boys do this for me?”

I stopped walking, and she did as well. I looked into her eyes and grabbed her waist, “of course they did. You deserve the best tonight,” I smiled to her and kissed her forehead.

“Aye birthday kiiiiid,” the boys said in common and came out from Jack and Jack’s room.

Marie smiled, “ayeee boys,” she then ran across the room and over to the Shawn who was the first boy in the line they made. He was wearing his guitar at his shoulder and across his chest. But it didn’t stop Marie in almost jumping at him to give him the biggest friendly hug I’ve ever seen. Shawn laughed, and hugged her back.

“I’m so happy you did this for me,” Marie said, as she let go of the grip around Shawn, and smiled to the rest of the boys.

Nash stretched his arms out to show Marie he wanted a hug too. She smiled and walked over to him, and she hugged him as friendly as she hugged Shawn. I smiled. I was glad she came out well with them. She then hugged each of the boys, one by one.

When she finished she walked over to me, and hugged me tighter than she ever did. And suddenly I felt her lips on mine for a few seconds, “thank you for everything.”

I smiled to her, and let go of my grip around her, making her furrow her eyebrows. I smiled to her, just to show her this wasn’t meant bad at all.

I then walked over to the rest of the boys, and I was standing besides Nash. We made a whole line and Bart even joined too.

Shawn started too count down, “three, two, one.”

 Then he let his hands run down the strings at his guitar, and he started playing the melody for Happy Birthday To You. We all started singing for Marie, making her blush, giggle and look down, up at us again, then down and up at us again. Most of us couldn’t sing, so I guess it didn’t really sound well, making us laugh a bit sometimes, because well, we knew it doesn’t sound like angels. When we stopped singing, Bart stretched his arms out to Marie, handing her the gift they brought to her from all of us.

She smiled, “for me?”

We all nodded, “yes.”

On our way home from the castle, Nash texted me what they brought her, so I already knew what was in the present.

A purple bikini, designed by Victoria’s Secret, one of Marie’s favorite designer labels.

She smiled, “oh my God thank you so much,” she said and she placed the box with the bikini in it, on the table next to her, “group huuuuug,” she yelled.