11: HICKEYS

She suddenly sat down on her knees and cried hard. For a second I was in shock, but I was fast. I sat down right next to her, “Marie..” I whispered and wrapped my arms around her.

She putted up a struggle towards my arms. It was clear to me, that she didn’t want me to hold her. I felt a knot growing bigger in my stomach, but I wouldn’t let go of her. I kept my grip around her.

“I’m not letting go,” I said.

She suddenly started screaming, “leave me!”

I putted my hand on her mouth, making her keep quit.

“Marie, please listen to me. And please don’t scream again,” I said and looked her straight into her eyes. Tears filled her eyes. She closed them and they ran down her cheeks and rolled down my hand.

“Can I let go of your mouth?” I asked, staring at her until she opened her eyes again.

She nodded.

“You promise not to scream?” I had to make sure.

Once again, she nodded.

I let my hand go of her mouth. She twisted out of my grip, and learned her back to the brick wall. She wrapped her arms around her knees, and she looked down in the ground.

I decided to sit in the same way as she did.

“Marie, it wasn’t supposed to come out in that way,” I said, feeling the tears in my eye corner.

She sniffed, “I suppose not.”

“Can you forgive me?” I asked and looked up.

She did too, “I don’t know.”

I felt my heart splat into million of pieces. I felt the tears now rolling down my cheek. I tried to pull myself together. Marie looked at me. I lifted my hand to my cheeks, to remove the tears.

“Marie, don’t..” I couldn’t finish what I wanted to say. I had to look down. I placed my head in my hands, trying hard to pull myself together. She didn’t say anything at all. She didn’t even look at me anymore. I finally pulled myself together, “Marie, don’t do that to me. I never felt what I feel for you, for anybody before. Never. I thought I knew what love was, but I figured out I didn’t, until I met you.” I felt her hand on top of my knee, making me look at her.

She stared at me with tears running down her face, “continue,” she whispered, “I listen.”

I sank some spit, making sure not to cry again, “since I saw you in the crowd, I’ve had butterflies going crazy in my stomach. Since you for the first time hugged me, I’ve felt so warm. Since you kissed me, I’ve felt so free. I swear, you do something to me, no one ever had, and no one ever will do again. So if you leave me, I don’t know what to do with myself.” I then felt the tears taking over my eyes. I had to look away as I let them roll down my cheeks. But Marie grabbed my chin, making me look at her.

I saw how she cried, but she had a smile on her face.

“I hate how I love you,” she said.

Her hands opened my legs, so she sat in between them, still holding my chin.

“I hate how you make me wanna kiss you,” she whispered in my ear.

I couldn’t hold back a smile. She then moved her face closer to my, as she let her lips touched mine.

Forgiven.

I felt how my whole body trembled of happiness. She let her arms wrap around my neck, as I placed my hands on her hips. She let go of my lips, but she didn’t move her head. We were so close to each other. I just wanted to place my lips on hers again, but something told me she wanted to say something. Her chest moved up and down, as she panted.