16: "THIS IS CRAZY"

I woke up by the touch of two soft fingers running down my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes, totally tired after only one hour of sleep. Suddenly the beautiful creature of a girl face appeared in front of my eyes.

“Marie?” I yelled, and grabbed my arms around her faster than I ever moved my arms before, pulling her down to me. Marie got a little shock by my sudden reaction, and she screamed a bit but the scream turned into a laugh just a seconds after.

“Hi Cam,” her voice spoke.

I sniffed in by the smell of her. She smelled so good. She smelled of perfume, a perfume I never smelled before. A sweet smell of girl.

“How did you get here?” I said as we both sat up. I couldn’t stop smiling so big by the surprise.  I let hand run through my hair. She lifted her legs up under her, as she still sat at the matrass next to me.

She smiled, “Bart got me here,” she then nodded in the direction of the door, making me look at it’s direction. Bart was standing there, learning himself up at the doorframe, crossing his arms in front of his chest. He was still in his big and warm jacket, which told me they just arrived to the hotel.

I got up and ran across to the room, to Bart and I hugged him, “thank you so much, Bart.” I said.

Bart clapped my back, “it’s all good now,” he said, “everything is fixed and we can go back to the US, if you want.”

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows, “but Marie?”

I heard Marie’s low voice started speaking from behind, “it’s okay Cam, it’s all fixed.”

I turned around to face her, sitting in the bed, with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows even more, “but what’s fixed?”

Marie kept the eye contact with me, “I’m never going back to my mom. Never. Bart fixed it.”

I watched her tears of joy running down her cheeks, “and I’m not gonna be scared. My younger siblings are going to have a better life, at foster families. They’re gonna have a better life now. We’re all gonna have a better life now.”

I couldn’t believe what I just heard, but I felt the happiness taking over my whole body. I ran to the bed and grabbed Marie, lifting her up and swinging her around, “really?” I said as I kept swinging her around.

“Really,” she said and nodded.

I then let her down to the ground again, grabbed her chin and kissed her softly. She placed her arms around my neck, and when we finished the kiss, she bit her lip and placed her head on my shoulder.

“How did you do?” I asked Bart.

He just smiled, “don’t worry about that.”

I smiled, “you sure?”

He nodded.

“Pack your things Cam, we’re leaving tonight,” he said.

I looked at Marie, “you wanna go?”

She widened her eyes, “do I wanna go!?!?!?” she yelled, “of course I wanna go! I’ve never been out of Denmark. And I wanna start a new story, somewhere else now. My past has to be forgotten.”

I smiled, “I can’t wait for you to meet my family.”

She clapped her hands, “I can’t wait to meet them baby.”

I felt the butterflies. She was gonna meet my mom and my sister. I was so exited.

They would love her.