25: NEW JERSEY

We sat in the limo on our way to the event. I sat between Shawn and Marie. Marie’s fingers were braided in mine, I stared at our hands for a second. Then I let my eyes run up at Marie. She was wearing black skinny jeans, a white crop top decorated with pink flowers. Her hair was curly, probably made with something, because normally her hair was all straight. She wore a pair of black ray-ban shades. She looked so damn fine. I smiled as she looked at me. She furrowed her eyebrows and smiled back, as I felt she tightened the grip around my hand, “what?” she giggled.

All the boys around us suddenly got quiet.

I smirked, “you look fine.”

Carter nodded, “agreed.”

I sent him a look, “hands off Carter,” I giggled.

Marie blushed, “well,” she mumbled, “you guys aren’t looking bad either.”

I laid my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into me. She placed her head between my neck and my shoulder, “am I okay dressed for the event? “ She mumbled.

I giggled, “you’re very okay dressed baby.”

She breathed out, “good, because I was a bit nervous I wasn’t to be honest.”

Matthew who sat next to Marie giggled, “don’t be that nervous Marie dear, it’s all gonna be fine.”

Marie looked up at Matt who just smiled and showed her his thumb, “thank you Matt,” she smiled.

I was so happy, they all came out so well.

Nash smiled to me and I knew what he was thinking, so I smiled back. He then looked at Marie and giggled. He made sure Marie wasn’t looking at him as he mouthed “Pretty Brown Eyes,” to me. The song we were planning to sing for her later, at the event.

I mouthed back, “does Shawn and Jacob play the guitar to it?”

Nash nodded.

I smiled by the thought. Marie would be so surprised and she would probably never forget it.

Suddenly the limo stopped, “we’re here,” Bart yelled.

“YASSSS!” Matthew yelled and got up as the first, because he was nearest the door. Then Marie got up, me and then Shawn. I can’t remember the rest of the sequence, but we all came out of the limo and we met a few fans waiting for us at the outside. Marie let go of my hand, so I send her a confused look. She walked closer to me and whispered, “we might hurt some of the girls if they see us holding hands baby, remember some of the girls are still truly Cam girls, and I don’t wanna be the reason if we hurt them.”

I felt a knot growing inside, I just wanted to show the world she was mine. But in the other way – she was right. We have to show some respect for the fans, and of course I didn’t want to hurt them. Never in my life I would.

Marie smiled to the fans and I watched how they smiled back to her.

“MARIE!!!” One of them yelled, “GET OVER HERE!”

Marie gladly accepted and walked happily over to them. I watched, just to make sure they wouldn’t hurt her. Not that I thought they would – but you never know.

I pricked up my ears to hear what they talked about.

“Hiiiii,” Marie said and I saw how she pulled the fans into a hug.

Some of them screamed, “oh my goshhh, hiii Marie,”

Another fan took over, “You’re so beautiful Marie,”