17: PENNYBOARDING

We were at the airplane, and I watched Marie as she talked to Matthew who was sitting at the other side of her. I say the other, because I was also sitting next to her.

“I’m so exited for the US,” she said and smiled to Matt.

He smiled back, “you’ve every good reason to Marie,” he said, “America will love you.”

She then looked at me, grabbed my hand and looked back at Matt, “as long as Cam’s family will like me, I’m happy.”

I felt how my heart melt a bit.

“They’ll love you,” I said and I clipped her hand, as she looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I was so damn sure, they would love her. Especially my mom and sister, they’ll probably see her as a daughter and a sister. I couldn’t wait to get to introduce my amazing girlfriend, to my family. I felt like Marie was so much more than “just” a girlfriend. If there were a stronger word for what or who she was to me, I would’ve used that. She was and is my one and only true love. No one can ever take her place in my heart. She’s like stuck there forever.

“You think they’ll?” She asked and broke my thoughts I was stuck in for a little while.

“Of course they will,” I said and smiled.

She blushed a bit and I let my hand stroke her cheek, and I send her a smile that would show her she didn’t have to be nervous at all.

I then pulled my phone up from my jean pocket. Marie placed her head on my shoulder and she closed her eyes. I could tell she was tired, and I understood. If she has been nervous the whole day, and then after this whole thing with her mom and the police.

I texted my mom, to tell her what happened during the last days and that we were going home and that we were already at the flight.

Hey mom.

Sorry I haven’t talked to you, the last couple days. But a lot have happened.

I met a girl, in Denmark. A special girl. She’s actually with us right now, and she’s sleeping on my shoulder. We’ve spent the last days together, and no one ever made me feel like she do. I can just look at her, she doesn’t even have to look back at me, and yet I still get happy. I feel like I’ve known her forever. She told me about her past. I already told this to Bart, and I guess it’s okay I tell you too, since something dramatic happened last night, on her 17th birthday, which is the reason we already leave Denmark now. The police came to take her home – where she absolutely didn’t want to go. On our first date (yeah I invited her out) I asked when she had to go home, and she said her parents don’t care about her. It took her a bit, to tell me exactly why. But at late night she told me, and I’ve never felt so bad before. Her dad has been using her for sex since she was just a little girl, and her mom hates her for it. When she, my girl who’s actually named Marie, got into her early teenage years, she told the police about her farther. And now he’s in jail, and she had to live with her mom, even though her mom hates her. She just had to take care of her younger siblings, make her food and clean the room. And when the police came we hided together at Jack and Jack’s bathroom but they found us and they took her. I didn’t even sleep that night. Only for an hour. And when I woke up Bart had bring her back and did something none of us know, and now Marie can go with us to the US. And she can go on Magcon tour with us too! Wanna know why? She can sing!

I brought her a ring and a perfect purple dress. And now we are kinda dating. I know it all happened so fast, but I feel like it’s the only right thing. She’s the only right girl. There’s something about her, that’s not with anyone else.

I can’t wait for you to meet her!

Love from Cameron.

I then let my phone slide back to my pocket. Wow it was such a long message, but I had to tell her. I mean, I tell my mom everything. Almost.