Two Siblings, One Heart

Klara's View

As we say goodbye to Blue Pegasus, thanking them for what they've done, Wylen and I head back home, so I can take care of him. When we arrive, I unlock the door and let Wylen sit down on the couch.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.

"Yeah, what do you have?"

"Let's see..." I look around the kitchen, trying to find food. "Do you like turkey and eggs?"

"That sounds great. Can I have some tea as well?"

"Yes, anything for my brother."

He smiles, knowing that we have each other now to lean on. When I finish cooking, I bring him his food and the tray of tea.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, Klara."

He begins to eat, savoring every bite I cooked. 

"I'm guessing you like it."

He nods his head very rapidly, making me laugh. Maybe I needed this in my life, another human that's like me to take care of. When he finished, he takes a cup of tea and tries to sip a tiny amount, making sure it won't burn him.

"So," I say after a long period of silence, "Do you want to tell me what happened or about our family?"

He holds onto his cup, thinking. "Umm, I can do both. But it's best if I talk about our family first."

"That's fine."

"Surprising, the younger one is taking care of the older one," he says with laughter. "Anyway, our mother was so pretty. You look just like her, except you have dad's smile. Mom was a god slayer, an iron one to be exact and Dad was a thunder dragon slayer, so you have his powers. When I was born, they were grateful I was a god slayer like mom, not that it's a bad thing, they wanted to have their first child with them. I was a good boy, always obeying, always training in my free time. One day, they figured out that I had special powers that I can do with my mind, which came from dad's side of the family. They were shocked, but they knew deep down inside, that I was going to be strong like them. Four years later, you came into this world but...you were like dad. A thunder dragon slayer, we had to send you away. I didn't want you to go. Your tiny fingers held onto my thumb, as I cried that day. You left us, leaving me alone, hoping to have a sibling with me in my life. As I got older, Blue Pegasus was near our house, so I decided to join there. There, I fell in love with Jenny. She was a bit different then she is now, but has the same personality as I can recall. One day, I returned to home after a mission and..."

"And what?" I ask as tears swell up in his face.

"Acnologia was there. Our parents huddled in fear, begging for mercy. I can still hear the booming voice in my head. 'You had a dragon slayer, I must kill you for you mustn't see her ever again.' I began to cry, running to mom and dad. They hugged me real close, saying they love me and to promise them something. I made a promise to protect you whenever I saw you again and to take care of you for we are very similar. It's like we share a heart. Then, Acnologia shot out magic from his mouth and there they burned up, leaving me in tears and heartache. The next day, I found a mission where it was looking for someone with Thunder magic since they lost theirs. I thought it was you, taking the mission and heading towards that direction. Before I reached the town, there stood Zeref. He took me to his place, tied me up, and asked for a lacrima. I had no idea what he was talking about. Turned out, he was mistaking me for you. You had the angel lacrima he wanted. Instead of letting me go, he turned me into his little assistant. That's all I can recall until I woke up in a desert, wondering where you were."

I start to cry, holding onto my brother real tight. I had parents, real human parents. I thought all this time Negramis was my dad, but he was my mentor. I'll still call him dad, no matter what.

"Wylen, I'm so sorry I left you. I'm sorry about everything. All of this happened because I came into this world."

"Hey, Klara. It's not your fault. It's my fault that I was chicken and couldn't fight Acnologia. I'm sorry for not finding you sooner."

"It's okay, it's okay."

We sit on the couch, holding on each other for a very long time. What did Wylen mean by sharing one heart? Was it because we both have thunder as our element? We are some type of slayer? Whatever it is, I won't mind because he's my brother and the only thing left I can call "family."

A/N Hey guys! I know this is a weird time to ask but if anybody can or knows someone that can draw covers really well, I would like to know their name(s), so I can talk to them about making a cover for my story! I would be very grateful if someone did this. That's all I have to say, love you guys!