Chapter 29

Tyler's P.O.V.

I wasn’t asleep. I was awake and I heard the words he said and yet I said nothing. I felt disgusting and so undesirable. He couldn’t love someone like me and I couldn’t allow myself to be deluded any further. I was squirming in the bed, the urge to get up and run away from it all was so strong. I desire to cut was so strong right then, it was becoming physically uncomfortable. I didn’t know what to do, I was stuck to this bed by wires and my arm was throbbing.

But I could help it, I tore the needle out of my arm and struggled to detach myself from all the gadgets they had me hooked up to. But as soon I did this beeping sound went off and a nurse came running in the room. Josh awoke and watched me with wide eyes. “Tyler! Honey you have to get back in bed, you’re in no condition to be up and walking yet,” the nurse said sternly trying to restrain me from walking out the door.

I struggled against her though, intent on getting out of the room. I only had one arm to struggle with but I was able to put up a surprisingly tough fight. She called out for back up and two more nurses came running in, one of them was a big guy who basically just picked me up and forced me back down on the bed. I struggled still, trying to get up but to no avail. “You don’t understand,” I screamed. “I need to get out of here, I have to, I need to -- I need--you have to let me go. You can’t hold me against my will.” They strapped me down on the bed and injected something into my IV and before I knew it everything went black.

When I woke up I felt extremely drowsy and looked about the room wearily because everything was blurry. Eventually things began to come into focus and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Dun sitting across from me in the room and they were talking to Josh who was sitting up in his bed and eating a burrito. “Hey honey, how are you feeling?” Mrs. Dun asked me standing up and moving to stand by my bed when she saw I was awake.

“I feel drowsy, like my eyelids feel heavy.”

“That’s just the medicine honey, it will wear off soon. Are you hungry, we got you a burrito from Taco Bell.”

“I could eat.”

“Great,” she said rushing over to get me the burrito and handing it to me. I managed to unwrap it with one hand and it wasn’t until I started eating that I realized how hungry I was. I scarfed the burrito down in five minutes and still felt a little hungry. Josh’s parents sat with us until dinner time when they left to go home for the night. That left Josh and I alone for the first time since my episode. I felt guilty about it but I was feeling more in control of myself now. I was holding it in.

“How do you feel Tyler?” Josh asked me, looking over at me with hesitant eyes.

“I feel okay, a little sore.”

“And mentally…”

“I’m fine.”

“Ty..”

“Josh I said I’m fine!” I snapped.

“Ty I just want to make sure you’re okay, you can be honest with me. You know I love you no matter what.”

“But you shouldn’t. Love me,” I said softly feeling my lip tremble as I spoke the words aloud.

“Tyler you always do this. You always push me away when you go through something difficult. But guess what buddy, you’re stuck with me. I’m not going anywhere, I’m like a leech and I’m never letting go.”

I smiled slightly at his leech comparison. “I’m afraid of leeches, they’re scary.”

“But I’m not a scary leech, I’m a cute cuddly leech.”

I smirked at this but didn’t crack a smile.

“C’mon I know you want to smile. I mean I’m hilarious if my ribs weren’t cracked I’d be putting on a whole vaudeville act to cheer you up. I swear its the only thing holding me back.”

Finally I couldn’t hold it back any longer and let out a chuckle at Josh’s antics. This boy was crazy, I thought to myself. But I was in love with him and he loved me. I needed to remember that.

“I’m sorry for going a little crazy.”

“Aw don’t speak of it. Life would be boring without a little crazy.”

“Well then you’ll never be bored with me.”

“That’s good, because you're stuck with me. I’m a leech remember.”

“Okay yeah I get it, you’re a leech but promise me you won’t suck my blood.”

“Pfff so many demand! Okay I won’t suck your blood...just your dick.”

“Hey boys!”

We looked over and saw Jordan standing there. “Oh hey Jordan,” Josh said smiling. I groaned and tried to bury my head in my shirt like a turtle in it’s shell. But alas I wasn’t a turtle.

“Why the fuck do I always walk in on you two at the most inopportune times,” Jordan said exasperatedly walking into the room.

“Jordan I don’t know how to tell you this...but Tyler is a pervert and he’s corrupted me.”

“Josh!?” I screeched blushing furiously causing both him and Jordan to burst out into laughter at my expense. But Josh had to stop because it hurt with his cracked ribs.

“Serves you right for laughing at me,” I said somewhat smugly.

“Yeah yeah. I still love you babe, even if you are a pervert.” “Love you too,” I said smiling and flipping him off.