Chapter 22

Josh's P.O.V.

I think by know I’d learned that life could throw some unexpected curve balls at you. But curve balls weren’t always a bad thing, in fact sometimes they were the best thing to ever happen in your life. Like meeting an amazing boy by chance one day and quickly and irrevocably falling in love with him. That was pretty amazing. Then one day realizing how close you were to losing him, so shortly after you’d met him. That was terrifying. It made me want to hold onto him forever and never let go, so that I knew he would always be happy and safe. I didn’t want to exist in a world without Tyler Joseph.

A world without his smile would be dimmer. A world without his laugh would be less melodic. And a world without him, well I didn’t wanted to think about that. There was so much I wanted to do with Tyler. There were places to be seen, I wanted to travel the world with him. I thought it would do him good to see the world that existed outside of Ohio. There were so many experiences to be had, so much sex to be done.

******

The first snow of the season was falling, it was unusually early in the season but I didn’t mind. I loved the snow, it was beautiful. It was a Sunday and Tyler and I were hanging out in my bedroom before dinner. Tyler had been coming over to eat quite often, my mom kept insisting and you couldn’t refuse her when she gave you the look that mothers have. My mom really liked Tyler, I mean what wasn’t there to like about my adorable boyfriend. I knew she was concerned about him since the incident and I was really grateful that she was taking an interest in him, I think he really needed a maternal figure in his life and my mom was pretty amazing.

Tyler and I were playing Mario Kart and he was beating my ass, I threw the controller down on the floor, frustrated having lost for the third time in a row. “That’s it, I’m done You must be cheating or something. I never lose!”

“Oh come on, don’t be a sore loser and accuse me of cheating. I can’t help it that I’m just so much superior to you.”

“Oh you think you’re so much superior to me? I bet I could take you pretty easy.”

“Well sure, but it’s not like I would put up much of a struggle.”

“I think you just called yourself easy.” He just giggled. I straddled his waist and pushed him back on the bed and held him down. “Yeah you’re pretty easy, easy to love that is. My beautiful pocket sized boyfriend with the adorable smile.” I leaned down and touched my lips to his, gentle and loving. I planted a line of kisses along his jawline and stopped for a moment to breath in his scent. “I love you Tyler,” I whispered in his ear like it was a secret just between us, too private and beautiful for other ears to hear, they were words reserved just for him.

“I love you more Josh.”

“Nah uh, I love you more.”

“Nope I love you more.”

“Fight me.”

“You know I’m a lover, not a fighter.”

“Then love me.”

He grinned up at me, “That I can do.” Our lips met once again and this time in an explosion of passion. Of course that passion was somewhat diminished by the thought that my parents were just downstairs. “Ty,” I said breathlessly. “My parents are right downstairs.”

He pouted a little but our lips parted and I rolled off of him to lay on the bed beside him so that our legs were touching. I glanced over at the window and watched the snow falling from the sky. “Do you like snow,” I asked Tyler out of the blue?

“Yeah, I love it. I used to love to play in the snow when I was a kid. Me and my brother used to go sledding all the time. My mom would have to lure me back into the house with hot cocoa.”

“Haha, me too. I’ve always loved the snow. It’s so pretty, it makes everything look so clean and pure. Plus I make a mean snowman.”

“Oh really, we should make one,” Tyler said excitedly sitting up to see watch out the window. I smiled at his enthusiasm.

“Well it may be a little while before we can do that, but yeah definitely.”

“Joshua. Tyler. Dinner is ready, get your butts down here,” my mom yelled from downstairs.”

We jumped up from the bed and ran downstairs, the smell of beef stew suddenly reminding me that I was hungry. Dinner was great, Tyler ate three helpings of beef stew much to my amazement. My mom was quite taken with the amount of compliments he kept giving her cooking. It made me so happy to see how easily Tyler fit in with my family and how readily my parents welcomed him into the fold.

It made the thought of coming out to them seem more appealing, at least I knew they already liked Tyler. I don’t really know what was holding me back. I’d never heard my parents say anything bad about gay people, I mean they didn’t really say anything. But they weren’t the judgemental type, I figured they would be fine with it even if it took them some time to come to terms with it. What was holding me back? I loved Tyler, why couldn’t I work up the courage to come out? Maybe it was the way I knew Tyler was treated for being gay. Maybe I was just a huge coward.

We finished dinner and it was time for me to take Tyler home. My mom pulled him in for a hug before he made it out the door. I laughed as she smothered him and made sure he was bundled up before going out into the cold. “See you on Tuesday for dinner okay Tyler. I’m making chicken pot pie so make sure you bring your appetite with you.”

“I look forward to it. Thank you so much for dinner, it was delicious as always.”

“Oh stop it Tyler, you’re going to give me a big head if you keep complimenting me like this.”

My mom saw us to the door and stood there watching as I pulled the car out of the driveway and headed to Tyler’s house.

When I got back she was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book. She looked up when I walked in the door and watched me as I took off my coat. “Hi honey, how are the roads?”

“There not bad, the snow isn’t really sticking to the ground.”

“That’s good,” silence followed this. “So Josh how long have you an Tyler been a couple?” I stood there in stunned silence.