Artemis Child Ch53

Just as I was nearing the open hand of Leon the Giant, wrapped up in a chain with a zombie lion head that liked flesh. Two shots rang out in the air. The chain that was around me came apart in two places. I tried to rotate by tucking my legs allowing me to flip landing into Leon's grasp feet first. Before I could grab my wyvern blade, Andrew threw my sword upwards getting it stuck in the giants's forearm. Andrew didn't know if giant anatomy is the same for humans, but after hitting the base of his forearm where it would control finger movement on us humans, the hand holding me opened up like a weak claw game at an arcade.
  While falling too the ground I slung my blade at him like a throwing knife hitting him in his left eye. "Cory. What happened to your spear?" Andrew asked as my gold sword got grabbed by Leon and slung deep into a tree  The giant didn't seem to falter from loosing an eye. Gena and Toni were now backing me up Andrew on the opposite side of the giant. "Toni. Ever used a whip before?" Gena asked him handing a strange whip that she had wrapped around her like a belt. It expanded in size growing to be twice as big as Leon.
  "As a son of Apollo you should be the one to use this." She said summoning her flames. As she did so veins of dark purple started to web their way up her arms glowing as the extended. Wings exploded from her back, clicking together like fiery magnets. Toni went to work whipping and shooting the giant. "Don't hate me." She said, as her lips curled up her face like the Cheshire cat. Her hair standing up wild like flames, and her eyes. Black swirling irises with purple pupils.
  "I have a tail..." I said removing my ring. The ring exploded into a thick cloud of Stygian iron. A white tail grew threw a elastic hole that Lexi made for me, and my ears started to move upwards shifting into fluffy wolf ears. The cloud made metal gauntlets materialized onto my forearms, and black shinguards on the legs. My eyes changed to gold iris that faded into blue with my pupils being diamond shaped. Lastly I grew three extra pupils on each eye. The layed around my iris like pin sized holes.
  "You have a tail!" She said looking at it with her smile somehow growing. My tail started to wag uncontrollably. "So how do we kill it?" She asked snapping back to the matter at hand. "Something is telling me that we have to work together with a god or goddess." I said having the info of the monster pour into me. "I am a titanness, does that count?" Gena asked. "We have to try something." I replied before she took off taking off leaving a patch of burned grass.
   She spewed fire that was dense enough to fall through the air blanketing the giant before dying out. 'Hercules beat the giant into submission.' I thought as my fist tightened looking for an opening. "Do it my son." A female's voice said softly in my ear. A shining silver arrow notched in a bow next to my head took off with a light trail being left. I raced after it. It was like my body was on turbo mode.
  Andrew clipped the giants heal, Toni held the giants head back with the whip, and Gena was force feeding the giant black flame waffles. The arrow hit Leon's chest and with a leap as high as I could muster slammed my fist into the back of the arrow forcing it the rest of the way through with enough force to bring the giant to the ground with the momentum.
  Gena rained fire into the hole of the giant. The black flames consumed the giant from the inside out. Andrew was already running towards Serena. I looked back to where I was when the arrow was shot. But there was no one there anymore. "She isn't breathing!" Andrew shouted to us, before starting CPR. "No!" Toni said dropping everything to go see her.
   Gena landed next to Serena, her wings now loosing fire and just folding into a fashion where they were out of the way. "Come on." Andrew said as Toni gave her air. Suddenly Serena's hand grabbed Toni by the back of the head holding him in a kiss. It was only broken by her violently coughing. "I thought I lost you." He said to her. "You almost did. But I forgot that I wouldn't be able to tie you up again if I continued on the path to death." She said smiling at him.
  "Oo-la-la." Andrew said hugging them both. "Group hug douchebags!" Gena said jumping on top of them. "Love meeeeee." She said with her wings disappearing into smoke. The veins on her arms shrank until they were gone, and soon after the rest of her returned to normal. My tail started to wag again from all of this.
   "We should probably get back to defending our camp." I said taking a second to will my tail and ears change back, but I kept my monster eyes and weapons out. I reached out my hands to help everyone up. They all pet me on the head like a dog jokingly.