Party~ Pt.2

Mori's POV

I had to leave Y/N in the morning. I didn't want to, but it was to get something for her. It's her birthday, and I don't want to seem as a bad boyfriend. I don't want to hurt her, she's too precious to me, and everyone around her.

I headed to town to get her a cake I ordered, it was very pretty, and it was her favorite cake flavor, ( ).

It was a pretty shade of green, and had her name in cursive, with white roses surrounding it. I took the cake and placed it into the limo, then headed to a small shop. The shop consisted of antiques, as I heard she is a fan of these kinds of things. I walk in, and I get hit with the smell of, well, old things. It wasn't gross, but felt very homey, like if you to be protected by your parent or your overused stuffed animal.

I strolled around, as I began to look for a silver ring, or a small necklace for her. Eventually, I found a necklace with a key hanging onto it, and it had a small heart next to it. Aside from the necklace, is a key chain in the shape of a lock. I pick it up, and felt writing on the back. As I flipped it, it read,

 As I flipped it, it read,

"愛の予感" It meant premonition of love

"愛の予感" It meant premonition of love. I look back at the key, and inscripted on it was "侘寂" which was wabi-sabi, or the acceptance of imperfection, and the core of Japanese aesthetics. She will admit she is not perfect, and no one is perfect at all, so I thought this would be a precious item for her.

I took both the key chain and necklace and bought them. I tested to see if the key could unlock the key chain, and it did, which led me to an idea.

Your POV

I miss Mori... I want him here...

"Hey y/n. You alright?" asked Haruhi, getting me out of my daze.

"Huh? Oh, sorry."

"It's fine, I know you wanted Mori to be here."

"Yeah, but I know I'll still have fun with you guys," she said with a smile, and I smiled back. She handed me a little gift box, I opened it, and inside had a pair of small gold earrings in the shape of seashells. I hugged her, she knows I love the ocean so much.

"Thank you Haru!!!"

"Anytime, dude. Now you can wear it whenever you wear your necklace."

"Yeah," my expression softened, but I didn't let it get me down, I mean I tried for it not to.

"Haruhi, y/n!! Dinner's on the table, we're having your favorite, ( )!"

"Awe hell yeah!" I replied. I got up, and ran to the kitchen, and saw everyone there, even Leo and Brandon, but still no Mori. I sat down, and began to eat. Everyone giggled at my action, but heck, I was starving, and this tastes sooooo good!

After a while, when everyone finished, there was a knock on the door, and I went to go check who it was. It was my dad, how the hell did he even find this place?

"What do you want, asshole?" I said to him.

"What, I can't be here to celebrate my baby's 17th birthday?" He replied.

"Fuck no. you haven't celebrated a single one of my birthdays until mom..." I sigh. "Whatever, I don't need you to ruin my day." As I began to close the door on him, he stops it with his foot.

"Now don't be like that to me, sweetheart. You know I love yo-"

"Bull-fucking-shit! If you did, you would have been there for me when I needed you, and you weren't!"

Don't cry. Today's your day.

"Hey why don't you leave?" said Leo as he came up to me.

"Now Le-" He began to say as he got cut off.

"Yeah, why don't you leave?" said Mori. Wait, Mori! He had a look of murderer on his face, and I got scared. He got my dad by the shoulder, and said, "Unless you want to be banned from this property and be arrested?"

"O-oh yeah?! I can arrest you, big shot, for keeping my daughter with you!"

"I may have taken her to live with me, but at least I can love her, and put a smile on her face." And with that, he shoved him to the side, and quickly closed the door. He looked at me, and smiled.

"Happy Birthday, y/n."

I smiled bright, "MORI!!!!!!"

All the commotion mad everyone stop eating and check up on us. They all greeted Mori, as he pulled something out from his pocket, and gave it to me.

"Open it."

"I walked to the couch and sat down, I opened the small nicely wrapped gift, and fell in love with what I saw.

It was a beautiful gold necklace, and it had some Japanese writing on it. I looked up at him, and saw him pull out a lock-key chain thing. He put his hand in front of me, and I gave him the gift. He unlocked the lock, and I saw there was a necklace dangling from it. Mori then gave my the necklace back, and...

Got down on one knee.

"My love, as the time I have spent with you, you showed me so many things I thought I was to never see. You gave me happiness, different from what a friend would give me. I know you don't see yourself as perfect, but know I do, even with your flaws and all the mistakes you do. I'll never not love you, so please. Do me the honor of accepting this promise ring, in which when we graduate, you will marry me."

I bursted into tears, "Of course, you big peep!" He slid the ring onto my finger, and I hugged him.

"I love you so flubbing much..."

"And I to you."