28

Jared's POV - 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 5th, 2017, Year 1.

I had punched her. I had punched Margot Robbie. She blew up on me and I was unprepared. Completely and utterly unprepared. The words that she said and the things she said she was going to do just...hurt me. I couldn't exactly explain how they made me feel, but I didn't want to imagine any of those things happening to her. And what made matters worse was that I wasn't doing anything to stop her.
          Hell, if she had done that to me yesterday I probably wouldn't have stopped her then. But today I felt...different. After giving her back the journal, something in me...clicked. My first true act of kindness to her. And I was making myself infuriated with her because I wanted to stop the change. And I went too far.

Too damn far.

             It's not like I meant to punch her. I was meaning to repay Will for what he had done to me, but Margot was in the way before I realized it. It was as if it happened in slow motion. I whirled around for a merciless hit, and with both of my eyes swelling like balloons at the time added blind spots in my vision. I didn't even realize I had hit her until my fist made contact with her fragile cheekbone. I heard a sound emerge from her mouth that immediately made my stomach twist.
           Next thing I saw when I pried my eyelids open was Margot, crumpled to the ground and holding her freshly hit wound. Will and many others erupted into pure rage and tackled me to the ground. Karen and Tom thankfully pried them off as me and we all talked over what had just happened. Tom told us that we were lucky he wasn't going to fire us right then and there, but he knew that's not what Margot would want. He looked like he was close to crying, too. I knew him and his wife needed to resolve some things, but I still had no idea what. I had looked back at Margot, still crumpled to the ground and whimpering in pain.
            As the rest of the cast debated what to do with her, I slowly picked her almost limp body off the ground. I reassured my frantic coworkers around me that I was just taking her back to her trailer for the paramedic to help.
          Once I had found a place for her to lay on the couch in the trailer, my eyes began to tear at her weak state. If my punch had been hard enough to put her out, then I was sure more damage must've been done possibly.
         When the paramedic showed up, she first doctored my wounds for a good while before reaching Margot's, which were now completely swollen. I had never seen her physically hurt before, and I never wanted to see it again. The paramedic proceeded to patch up the cut below her eye and flashed a light in both to make sure no internal damage had been done. "She looks fine aside from the mild concussion and hit. I would advise letting her rest for a few days until the bruise has faded almost completely."

Why would she be telling me this? If anyone should know this, it should be her husband...

         "Shouldn't you tell this to the assistant director...who also happens to be her husband?" I asked drowsily, the medication she gave me an hour ago now settling in. She looked at me a bit shocked and shrugged. "I just assumed you'd also like to know too, Mr. Leto, given that when you two filmed Suicide Squad together, you all were practically inseparable."

Inseparable? Margot and I?

          I didn't respond, yet I must've looked as shocked as I felt due to her chuckling. "I guess not anymore, eh?" She asked while cleaning up my cuts one more time. She applied fresh gauze and a bag full of ice to help the swelling.
         I shook my head and furrowed my brow slightly. "I-I guess not. I just always assumed that we never were..." I trailed, "...that close."
         The paramedic laughed and shook her head. "Well, I'm just saying what I saw. In the meantime, I'll tell Mr. Ackerley for the procedure and you can stay with her. Make sure she doesn't drop her ice pack." She told me before grabbing her stuff and quietly leaving the trailer. I slowly looked back at Margot, still deeply confused as if I was on the verge of remembering something important. Her breathing was so low, I practically had to make sure she still was alive. She looked undoubtedly peacefully; but I couldn't imagine what pain she must be in both mentally and physically.
          A few minutes passed by and I was beginning to fall asleep in the chair I was sitting in. Her whimper; however, caught me immediately off guard, and I pressed my lips in anticipation to what she was going to do. Her ice pack was beginning to slide off her cheek and I barely caught it in time before it hit the floor. As soon as I re-situated the bag; though, her hand flew up to mine and I almost dropped the bag entirely. I froze in anticipation, not expecting her to be conscious enough to move a muscle or bone. But after she realized what I was doing, she instead took my hand without the ice pack and proceeded to pull it closer to her chest, stroking it.
          I pressed my lips together, feeling whole new wave of emotions falling over me.
          I couldn't deny it anymore now. No matter how much I've tried to prove myself wrong, I don't think I can anymore. I-I won't let myself.
         I'll admit it now, I care for Margot somewhere within myself. And for now, I guess it would be safe to say that those feelings were along the lines of...