19

Part 2 - The Predator

Margot's POV - 12:30 p

Margot's POV - 12:30 p.m., Sunday, February 12th, 2017, Year 1.

        What now? That was a great point. I didn't know. I had been up all night waiting to hear if the police had gotten Lily. I felt dead, but not too dead to sleep until I knew that Lily was gone. She had to be by now. I guess I had fallen asleep on the sofa since one minute it was pitch black and then it was suddenly sunlit. I rubbed my eyes drearily and sat up to see my dad sitting in the chair while watching TV. "G'morning." He told me, sipping a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Brushing a hand threw my hair, I yawned. "Good morning." I replied.
I stood up and stretched, walking into the kitchen to make myself my own cup of coffee. The TV was blasting new reports with titles such as "Jared Leto: Hidden From the World From World Class Psycho!" or "What Really Went Down in the Leto House Last Night." or "Mad Love For True? Jared Leto SECRETLY Held Captive By Estranged Girlfriend For a Month!"
I chuckled to myself. Not anymore he isn't. Taking my coffee and returning to the couch, I felt a certain, unexpected warmth cross over me. Something that I truly needed to experience in a long time, and it felt well-deserved. The only negative itch I felt was the simple "what if's".

What if Jared does something reckless for her...like he did for me?

What if Jared finds out that I am the one that sent Lily away?

What if Jared hates me?

Though I knew this was just regular paranoia settling in from my trauma, especially due to my torture from Lily which I would have to get checked out by the doctor since I was now safe. Rubbing my thumb across the rim of the cup, my father began to stand up and head towards the upstairs. "Taking a shower, M." He mumbled while his boots clanked against the hardwood. "Don't leave this house at any time until I'm done." He commanded me, his voice becoming more and more distant. I nodded, taking another sip of my coffee.
Switching the channel to something that wouldn't make my brains explode in fear, I saw that Suicide Squad was actually on TV that moment. The part of the movie that was on was the Incubus in the Subway scene. I slightly smiled to myself, remembering Cara and her quirks when she entered the scene now. I couldn't remember the last time we had met up after the premiere, or the last time I had met up with anyone from the cast for that matter. Come to think of it, I truly didn't realize how lonely I had been. Not that I could've, since I stressed my mind into only thinking about Jared, Lily, my father, and Tom. What else was I supposed to think of? I couldn't let her take him away from me, and that was one of my main priorities. Nothing else really mattered,but why would it? No one else practically mattered, but why would they? When you have the important people in your life, what was the world?

A cruel joke.

*************************