Things Aren't Always What They Seem

We made it there effortlessly. Katy was in this class with us. She smiled at us and giggled. She gave me a knowing look, and I knew she just heard our whole conversation on his butt. I rolled my eyes at her and passed into the classroom with Matt at my heels. He sat next to me in every class. I couldn't help but to laugh at how dependant he was on me. Finally, the day ended and I was driving him back to his safe house. He turned on the radio. I rolled my eyes when I realized it was playing one of his songs. He chuckled and looked over to me just in time to see my expression. He sighed and turned the radio down.

"I know that you think I'm... cocky or something, but I'm actually a nice guy. You shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Some things aren't always what they seem," he said seriously. I sighed and looked over to him as well.

"I know that. That's one saying that the UJAA embedded into our brains ever since we could talk," I said bringing my eyes back to the road. "It's just... typical. Even if you weren't a superstar, you would probably still be cocky beyond repair," I joked. He laughed at me.

"Cocky and confident are two different things," he shook his head smiling. I chuckled and shook my own head at his comment. When we pulled back into his drive, Benny was waiting at the door. He saw us and smiled. I turned the car off and hopped out. Benny embraced me in a quick hug. After making sure everyone was inside safely and the door was locked, he brought me my water. I sighed contently and thanked him before I drank it gratefully.

"You always know my favorite Benny," I smiled at Benny.

"It's the least I could do kitten," Benny smiled back. He went to the kitchen. Matt, sitting beside me, held an amused look on his face. I looked at him curiously.

"What?" I asked confused; my eyebrows furrowing. He smiled and shook his head.

"How do you know Ben?" Matt asked. I chuckled at his honestly confused face.

"I've worked with Benny before when I was younger. I think I was only ten at the time. That's when I started calling him Benny. We had a mission together. We had to protect an eight year old pageant queen," I smiled remembering. He sighed and leaned back against the couch. When I was finishing my water, my watch started beeping. I turned the dial pass code and turned on my Bluetooth. It was Vy.

"We're having a meeting at Katy's house in ten," she said emotionlessly.

"Okay, I'm leaving the safe house now," I answered her. I stood up and hung up the watch-phone. "Bye Benny," I yelled over my shoulder.

"You're leaving... right now?" Matt asked a bit confused. I nodded and headed out the door. "See you tomorrow then?" he asked. I nodded and started the car. I sped down the road to our little neighborhood. I was at Katy's house in no time. We went over the information we got today and what our plan was for tomorrow. After the work part of our conference was over, we talked about the high school giggling. After we were done, I drove back to my "house". Caroline and David met me at the door. I smiled and let them know that everything was going according to plan. After doing my homework and taking a shower, I crashed on the bed and quickly fell asleep.