Days of Bliss

Giggling filled my ears. A bright light disrupted my wonderful dream. I grunted and turned my head into a chest. A wonderfully comforting soft chuckling filled my ears and my eyes shot open. Remembering everything that happened over the past 24 hours, I smiled and practically attacked Matt with a kiss. He kissed me back just as eagerly and his hands rested on my lower back as I moved to be on top of him. Giggling filled my ears again and I heard a click along with a bright flash. Pulling away from him, I smiled.

"Good morning to you too," he breathed before he chuckled. The giggling turned into full blown laughter. I looked over to see Katy and Vy laughing. Katy had a camera in her hands. Standing quickly, I snatched the camera from her. I went through the pictures to find a handful of pictures of Matt and me sleeping. There was also a video of my waking up and attacking him with my lips and his reply. I laughed and gave the camera back to a pouting Katy. She instantly smiled.

"And what do you plan to do with that?" I asked. She looked to Vy and they both giggled. Finally, Vy was the one to speak.

"Sell it to that celebrity gossip channel. The public should know that Romeo found... and slept with his Juliet," Vy smirked. I smiled and rolled my eyes at the jokes those two could make. They would never do that, it meant confirming my existence and pulling my face out there. Matt chuckled and brushed aside a piece of hair off of my forehead.

"I love you," he said lovingly. I could hear the passion and truth in his voice. Smiling, I looked at him.

"I love you too," I smiled. We kissed tenderly for a second before we heard a beeping noise. I frowned and looked over to Katy. She smiled and shrugged.

"What? That was a real money-worthy moment and I got every word," she smiled slyly. I sighed and closed my eyes. Eventually, Vy and Katy left us alone. I peeked an eye up at Matt. He was already smiling at me. I giggled and stood up. After I directed him to stay there, I took a hot shower and dressed in the restroom. I put my hair up in a wet messy bun. Smiling brightly, I went back into the room and held my hand out for Matt. He took it and I dragged him out of the room.

"Where are we going?" he laughed as we rounded the corner. Kissing him lightly on the nose, I interlaced my finger with his and continued walking down the hallways.

"I'm giving you a tour," I smiled. I gave him the grand tour. I showed him everything and left nothing out. I showed him the abilities rooms, martial arts rooms, gym, mat rooms, classrooms, etc., and explained every room and what we do in each of them. I knew the place like the back of my hand. I knew about every nook and corner. We had to stop a few times because some of the younger teens wanted his autograph, but besides that, no one really bothered with him seeing our facility. We ended the tour in the food court. When I was sipping lemonade, he put down his drink and looked at me curiously.

"So you've lived here your whole life?" he asked. I shrugged and nodded. "So UJAA just... saw potential in you and took you? Didn't you ever see your parents?" I put my drink down and thought about that.

"I guess, I don't know. It never really crossed my mind. I was just told that I was special, and they would help me tap into my power so I could help people," I explained. He shrugged and we finished the rest of our lunch silently. Back up in our room, Katy and Vy were looking through magazines and catalogs trying to decide on what to get.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, smiling. They both giggled and closed the magazines. Turning to face Matt and me, they exchanged a glance before they giggled again.

"You didn't think we were joking, did you? We really did sell those pictures and videos," Vy smiled. I frowned and froze. They both frowned as well.

"And what did you say about our location?" I asked coldly. Katy rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Relax... we made sure nothing in the shot would give us away and told the people that we all share a condo in downtown Houston. We know our OPSEC. We're not that stupid Marissa," Katy said folding her arms across her chest. I sighed in relief and sat back against Matt, who sat down when Katy was explaining. Katy smiled brightly. "They paid us a good ten grand for shots of Prince Charming and his mystery girl together; the cover story premier's tomorrow afternoon." Katy skipped over to her vanity and redid her makeup. I giggled as Matt's nose brushed against my jaw. Hopefully they didn't get my face in the picture. Vy snorted and rolled her eyes.

"At first, I wanted you two to be together because y'all were both pathetically miserable. But now, it's annoying. You two are disgustingly adorable," Vy rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. We all started belly laughing when she left. Eventually, we simmered down to just a smile. There was a knock on the door a minute later. Katy answered the door. I sat up a little bit when Headmaster walked around the corner.

"Headmaster," I acknowledged. He gave us a small smile.

"Hello Marissa... Matt. I'm sorry to break up... whatever's going on, but I was coming to tell you two that Matt has to leave soon," Headmaster said. I looked to Matt and shrugged. I knew it would've happened eventually.

"How soon?" Matt asked, looking back to me. My eyes locked onto his blue eyes. I smiled gently and resisted the urge to kiss him.

"Day after tomorrow," Headmaster said quietly. I frowned and tore my eyes away to look at Headmaster. I felt Matt's arms tighten around me. I could see him nod stiffly out of the corner of my eye. Headmaster gave us a sympathetic look and set a bag down. I nodded once and looked down. I didn't want to think about Matt leaving yet. I just got him back.