Taste of the Old Life

I sighed and rolled my eyes. He grabbed me by my arm and yanked me up. I caught him in the jaw with a right hook and kicked him in the chest with my heel, knocking the gun to the floor. When the other guys advanced me again, I grabbed one and threw him into the other guy. I looked to Matt.

"Call the police," I ordered. He immediately pulled his phone out and started dialing. The two guys ran out of the restaurant. The leader chuckled. I looked around to see him grinning slyly at me with the gun pointed at my head. I put my hands on my hips and shifted my weight.

"There aren't any bullets... The gun is empty," I stated, reading his thought. He looked at me shocked before he fixed his face into a glare.

"You don't know that," he said angrily. I walked closer to him, not trying to move out of the way of the gun.

"Yes... I do," I replied. I heard Benny chuckle and looked around to him. While my attention was diverted, the leader grabbed my arm. I swung my leg under his and threw him over me and onto the floor. I put my heel to his neck, but not hard enough to hurt.

"Stay down," I ordered. He swallowed hard and looked up at me scared. People started coming out from under their tables now. Most of them clapped and thanked me. I kept my eyes locked on the leader though. Finally, I heard sirens coming from outside. I kept my heel to his neck until the police came and got him off of the floor and handcuffed him. I crossed my arms as I watched the police load him into the car. Matt came from behind me and wrapped his arms around me. He pushed my hair away and rested his head on my shoulder.

"That was fun," Matt chuckled. I sighed longingly and tilted my head away from him.

"Yeah... it was," I said longingly. Truth was, it was extremely fun. I missed it as well. I wanted to continue on to UAA so I could do stuff like that every day, but I wanted to be with Matt too. Plus, my face was definitely out there now. I can't have them both. I sighed again and Matt kissed my tender spot on my neck where he already left his mark. I giggled and looked at him.

"You're never going to let that go away, are you?" I smiled, referring to my hickey. He chuckled and kissed the spot harder. I rolled my eyes and turned to watch the police cars speed away. Benny appeared in front of me and smiled.

"Way to go kitten," he smiled. "You still got it." He shook his head smiling. I shrugged out of Matt's grasp and into Benny's hug.

"I never lost it," I laughed backing into Matt again. Matt kissed his spot on my neck and chuckled. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Benny paid the restaurant and drove us to the hotel.

I opened the door to our room and went straight to the bed. I laid down on my stomach and turned my head to the side, closing my eyes. Matt chuckled and looked down at me.

"Aren't you going to get dressed for bed?" he asked me. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Can you do it?" I mumbled sleepily. He chuckled and took off my heels. He zipped down my dress and pulled it from under me softly. He slid a pair of sweatpants up and turned me over carefully. He kissed the spot above my bellybutton before he slid a tank top over my head. He straightened the shirt and I curled up on my side.

"Thank you," I mumbled. He chuckled and kissed my forehead before he went to the other side of the room to change. Soon, he was in his favorite spot pressed up against my back with his arm snaking around to rest on my stomach. I tangled our legs together and fell asleep.