Welcome Home

The next month sped by. Not a day went be without me talking to Matt. Katy and Vy visited every day. It's like we never even had a fight. My classes were going so well, that Headmaster asked me to help instruct even the advanced classes. The kids loved me. It got me thinking about having children of my own with Matt. I'd often admire my ring in my room for hours, just thinking. Vy finally went public with Derrick too.

Soon, I was on a flight to California. I took a normal flight this time. I was giddy with joy and couldn't sit still on the plane. When I hopped off the plane, Matt was waiting with a giant bouquet of red roses. I grabbed my luggage and immediately ran into his arms, dropping it somewhere along the way. He picked me up and spun my around. I could hear the flashing from cameras but ignored them. I kissed him deeply. I stayed on my toes and held his cheeks.

"I missed you... so much," he muttered. I smiled against his lips before I pulled back. I hugged him tightly and closed my eyes.

"I missed you too," I whispered. My eyes teared up and I shut my eyes. I pulled back and smiled at him as my tears spilled over. I laughed and looked at the flowers in his hand.

"Let's go home," he smiled. He grabbed my luggage and my hand. We fought through the crowd and made our way to the car. Once inside, I kissed his cheek softly and sighed as I leaned back in the seat. There were still cameras around but I didn't care. I had Matt again... and that's all that mattered. We drove up to a gate about fifteen minutes later. It had MJ in cursive letters in the middle of the black gate. The gate swung open and let us in. We pulled up to a humongous mansion. I got out and stared at it in awe. He chuckled and grabbed my luggage.

"Marissa," he smiled, snapping me out of my daze. I laughed and grabbed the flowers.

"Sorry, it's just... this is huge," I said following him to the door. He unlocked it and paused with his hand on the knob.

"Welcome home," he smiled. He kissed me as he opened the door. When he pulled away, I was looking into the massive house. There was a crystal chandelier hanging from the tall ceiling. He closed the door and led me into the living room. Black leather couches surrounded a big screen TV.

"Do you like it?" he asked. I smiled and turned to him. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him gently.

"Anywhere would be fine... as long as you're with me," I smiled. He hugged me tightly and thanked me. When he pulled away, he gave me a tour of the house. It was a three bedroom house with five bathrooms, a game room, a theatre, and a secret library. When the tour was over, we sat in the theatre and watched a movie. I snuggled into his side as he wrapped his arms around me. I looked up to him.

"Mattie," I said softly. He looked down to me and muttered an acknowledgement. "What do you think about... kids?" I asked softly.

"What?" he asked.

"Like a daughter or son... when we settle down," I said timidly. He laughed and kissed my nose, pulling me tighter to him.

"I don't know why you're being so shy with asking this. I love you... and whatever you want, you can have. If you want a son or daughter, then so be it," he smiled. I smiled and nodded. "Plus, I think I would enjoy the process," he winked at me. I rolled my eyes as he chuckled. He kissed me before pulling me back into him tightly.

"I love you," I smiled. He kissed my forehead and chuckled.

"I love you too," he whispered. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep.