Cloud 9

Just the thought was bringing tears to my eyes. I wanted him to stay as long as he could. It wasn't fair. Headmaster turned and let the room without another word. I could feel Matt's eyes on me, but I didn't look up. He pulled my chin up with his finger. I looked at him as he smiled sadly at me.

"I knew it was coming eventually. Staying here with you was just too good to be true," he said softly. My eyes welled up. Why was I so emotional lately? It wasn't like me at all. In all of my years of training, they never taught me how to avoid this, or even how to deal with it. I closed my eyes and nodded, scared my voice with betray me. He kissed my forehead. I heard Katy shuffling on the other side of the room. Up until that moment, I forgot that we weren't alone. I inhaled and opened my eyes. I walked to the bag and opened it. I smiled softly. It was a bag packed for Matt. I tossed him the bag and smiled widely. He chuckled and stood as well.

"I'm going to go see where Vy went. You can... dress," I smiled. He nodded and went into the bathroom. Katy was sitting back listening to music on her bed. I tapped her and she pulled an earphone out. "I'm going to go find Vy." I repeated. She smiled and stood up.

"I'll come with," she said, skipping to the door. We giggled on the way out. Katy stopped and started listening. Her smile widened and she grabbed my hand, leading me off to where, I'm guessing, she heard Vy. We turned the corner and Katy stopped me. She smiled and put her finger to her lips to shush me. We then rounded the corner. I tried to suppress the giggles that were building up in me. Vy had her arms around Derrick's neck and was kissing him fiercely. She had him pressed up against the wall. Finally, I couldn't hold it any longer. I started laughing, and Katy joined in as well.

Vy broke away from him and looked at us surprised. She blushed furiously and took a step back from Derrick. Derrick smiled at us and looked completely at peace. My eyes watered because I was laughing so hard. Vy's embarrassed expression quickly switched to an angry one. She was glaring at us. Her fists were balled up at her sides. Her pale skin was suddenly a bright red. With her eyes narrowed, she looked at Katy then me, then back to Katy again. Derrick was calmly leaning against the wall that Vy had him pressed against earlier. His hands were in his front pockets and he was smiling softly. Vy pushed Katy's shoulder roughly and started angrily walk away. Derrick caught her hand. Vy turned to him and her expression softened. Katy and I stopped laughing and just smiled warmly at the pair.

"Calm down Vy. We've just... never seen that side of you before," Katy shook her head smiling. I smiled along with her. Vy started to protest but I stopped her.

"It's not a bad thing, Vy. You don't have to act tough all the time," I shrugged. "Frankly, I'm just glad that I've seen you with a different emotion than just... blank. I was starting to think you were a drone or something." I joked. The corners of Vy's lips pulled up into a small smile. She leaned into Derrick's side as his arms went around her. Katy sighed dreamily and put her head on my shoulder. I laughed softly at her before turning my attention back to Vy.  She giggled as Derrick kissed her hair. She sighed, a bit dreamily as well and smiled up at us.

"Don't tell anyone just yet please? Unlike you, Marissa, I would throw a fit if anyone found out," she joked. The corner of her lip pulled into a smirk. I blushed and giggled a bit as I looked down.

"Not fair. I care too," I mumbled smiling. Katy fidgeted beside me as an awkward, but slightly calm, silence fell over us.

"Can we go back to the room now Iz?" Katy said calling me by my nickname. I giggled and we all started walking back to the room. Vy was practically attached to Derrick's hip. I chuckled at them and shook my head. They were adorable together. We opened the room door and turned the corner. I froze and bit my lip... hard. Matt had his bag open on my bed and his back was towards us. He was holding up and examining a shirt, oblivious that we were even here. His back was exposed to us and nothing covered him but a towel.