Plans Plans Plans

The next morning, I still felt hollow and empty. Katy and Vy were nowhere to be found. I was surprised to see that I'd slept for almost the whole day. The sun was already setting. Grabbing my phone and a jacket, I put it on and headed out the door. A few minutes later, I was strolling down the courtyard and smiling softly to myself. I couldn't help the sudden feeling I had to have Matt here with me. I wanted to reach over and grab his hand as I leaned into his side and rested my head on his shoulder. He would probably chuckle at me and squeeze my hand, reassuring me that he was there and that he loved me. I sighed and looked around the almost empty courtyard in reality. Crossing my arms over my chest, I couldn't help but to feel a bit... lonely. Closing my eyes, I sighed. Without thinking about it, I pulled out my phone and called Matt. His voice rewarded me a few seconds later.

"Hey," I smiled into the phone. "Sorry about yesterday. Katy and Vy walked in and heard... a lot of my half of the conversation." I explained. I heard him sigh.

"Everything?" he asked softly. I nodded.

"Yeah, Vy chewed me out and she's still mad at me, but Katy... understands," I explained.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly. I knew he wasn't really talking about Vy going off on me. I somehow ended up walking back to my room. I sighed and laid down in my bed and faced the wall. Closing my eyes, I checked my mental health.

"I still miss you like crazy... but I'm... dealing. I think I'll be okay," I nearly whispered. I heard movement on his line and a thumping beat in the background. I furrowed my brows and sat up on my elbow. My hair spilled over my shoulder. "Where are you right now?" I asked. I was only greeted with silence. He was hesitating.

"A concert," he said. I could hear the smiled in his voice. I smiled softly and laughed. "I miss you Marissa." He sighed. My lips twisted into a wry smile.

"Don't you dare breakdown in the middle of your concert today," I smiled. He laughed and I heard a muffled voice near him.

"I have to go now. The opening act just finished and I'm up next... I love you," he said. I could hear the love and pride in his voice.

"I love you too Matt... go rock it," I added with a smile. I hung up and sighed as I looked at the phone. I smiled when I got an idea. Quickly, I found my laptop and pulled up Matt's fan site. I rolled my eyes at the numerous fans that wanted to marry him. I sighed. I loved that he was mine only. I finally found what I was looking for. His next concert was two weeks from now. It was going to be in Louisiana; just in time for Mardi Gras. I smiled and shut my computer. Smiling, I walked to Headmaster's office with a bounce in my step. I knocked on the door. He answered and I entered. I smiled widely at him and he sat back in his chair under his desk looking confused.

"This can't be good," he joked, smiling at me. I laughed and nodded.

"I know that you have been exceptionally... lenient with me lately, and I don't want to push it... but do you think, by any chance, I could go surprise Matt at his concert in Louisiana two weeks from now? I'll bring you back something from Mardi Gras," I smiled as I raised an eyebrow at him. He chuckled and nodded.

"You don't have missions anymore, so I don't see why not," he smiled. He suddenly smiled sadly and sighed. I looked at him confused; my own smile disappearing. "I know that you're not... staying with us after you turn eighteen, and I understand. I'm happy for you, but I'll miss you as well. You were... one of the best, but the situation can't be helped. Your face is out there now, but I wish there was something I could do to give you the best of both worlds." He said sullenly. I blinked back tears and looked to the side wall to keep them from spilling over.

Looking at my hands, I nodded in realization. Headmaster came and stood in front of me. I stood as well. Smiling sadly, he hugged me. I was a little shocked at how quickly my mood had changed. I hugged him back tightly. Stepping back, I nodded once and wiped away a stray tear.

"I'll miss you too... I'll miss everyone," I sniffled. He nodded and smiled softly. I returned his smile. "Thank you... for everything; for supporting me even when my idea seemed crazy; for just being there; for not taking Matt away from me," I said softly looking at my feet. I looked up to see that Headmaster's eyes were full of water. I smiled sadly at him as a tear of my own fell. Not wanting to break down, I turned and walked out of the office.

The two weeks passed fairly quickly. The ache that was normally in my chest when Matt was gone was dull. We talked at least twice every day. I never told him about my plans to surprise him in Louisiana, but it was hard to hold it in. I was bubbling with excitement. I didn't tell anyone about it in Headquarters either. The only people who knew were Benny, Headmaster and I. I wouldn't dare tell Katy or Vy. Vy still wasn't talking to me. She would walk in the room only when she had to. I saw her around, but she would only glare at me. Katy was being incredibly understanding. I still didn't tell her about the plan though. Headmaster agreed to make it look like I had a mission. I knew everyone else would just try to talk me out of it.