Picking the Pieces Up

At this point all of Evan's attention was directed to you. "Um, Y/N, d-do you m-mind, um, going on a walk with me?" He asked you.

You looked over at Heidi. In her eyes, you could tell she was begging for you to come with him. "Well, I guess." You told him. 

He looked relieved. "See you later, mom." 

Heidi nodded her head in goodbye, and you waved at her. You followed Evan out the door, and pretty soon the two of you were walking around the neighborhood. You had no idea what this wasn't about, but you didn't care. You were just glad that Evan was near you.

After a few minutes of silence, Evan stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, catching you by surprise. He suddenly started to break down and curl up in a ball, right there and then. You weren't sure what to do, so you just stood there like an idiot. "Um, Evan?" You asked him.

Evan looked up at you, and in one swift movement wrapped his arms around you. Your stomach began to flutter, and your heart was beating fast. The two of you were in this position for the longest time, until Evan stopped crying and wiped his eyes. 

It was at this moment when you realized what you had to do. "Evan, I'm really sorry if I ever hurt you in any way, it's just that you seemed so distant, and-" You were cut short by Evan. 

"Shh Y/N, don't you dare think that it's your fault." He put his hands on your arms, and the two of you were physically closer than you had ever imagined. He took a deep breath. "The Murphys found out about the fake emails, and so now I'm out of contact with all of them. And I realize that I was just being a complete jerk to you guys- Jared, you: my real friends."

Your heart melted and you were at a complete loss for words. "Evan..." You whispered.

"So, is it okay if we just forgive and forget?" Evan asked you quietly. 

You nodded. "Of course." 

The two of you hugged, and you knew that the old Evan was back. 

"Oi, you two!" A man shouted from out his window. "Skidaddle your asses off of my lawn!" 

A/N: Sorry, I know that this was a really crappy and short chapter, I'll try to make the next on longer.

                                                      Toodles!

                                                             -J