Her

You and Evan went back to school the next day. David would shoot the occasional glare at you and people would whisper in the hallways, so you kept Evan close to you for the whole day. But other than that, things were fine.

When you were at your locker at the end of the day, you found a note written on a piece of paper on top of all your books.

Meet me in the jazz band room at 3:00; don't bring Evan.

You couldn't recognize the handwriting. It wasn't Evan's or Jared's, but you had a hunch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At exactly 3 PM, you opened the door to the jazz band room and found a girl with golden hair and soft eyes sitting on a chair, putting her guitar away. She was wearing a black floral dress with a denim jacket and combat boots. After scanning her for a split second, you realized who she was.

Zoe Murphy. Evan's ex-girlfriend and sister of the late Connor Murphy.

She spotted you and waved, motioning you to come over. She stood up. "Hi! I'm Zoe. I don't believe we've met before." She said, extending her hand.

You smiled and shook her hand. "And I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

She gave you a warm smile. "The same to you."

You and Zoe sat down. There was a moment of awkward silence, but Zoe finally spoke. "So, I heard that you and Evan are together, huh?"

You shifted your gaze to the floor. "Well, I guess. I really don't mean any disrespect, I know that you-"

She cut you off. "None taken. Evan and I are on good terms, but we don't have feelings for each other anymore. I hope that the two of you are happy." She said.

You mentally breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you," You told her. "By the way, I'm sorry for your loss."

She shifted in her seat uncomfortably. "Um, thanks. But he wasn't the best brother, no matter how much Evan seemed to make him look like it."

You squeezed her hand, in a gesture of kindness. "Hey, I know what Evan did. It must be horrible, to go through something like that. But, if you need to talk to someone, I can help. I have two younger sisters, so believe me, I know how to handle some things."

She squeezed your hand back and smiled. "You know, when most people offer to help me or be my friend, they mostly do it to make themselves look good. But you, you're different. You actually sounded genuine."

You stood up. "Because I really want to help you, Zoe. No person should have to go through what you already have."

She kept sitting. "Thank you so much, Y/N. It was nice meeting you."

You walked backwards and waved goodbye, feeling a warm feeling in your heart.

A/N: I know this chapter might not seem significant, but I just wanted to make Zoe not seem like such a bitch or a villain, because in these fanfictions that's what she seems like.

Toodles!

-J

PS: Sorry that the chapter updates are kind of crappy. I was kind of tired when I updated that last chapter, so that's that.