Crazy and Courageous

Warning: Language!

Things were good between you and Evan now. It was back to the normal, and you were trying to spend as much time with him as possible because, as hard as it was to believe, you would be graduating in a few months. So you and Evan were inseparable. 

One day the two of you were at Evan's locker, when Evan suddenly yelped. You turned to look at what happened, and you saw why Evan was so scared. David Green, one of the most popular boys in school was speed walking straight towards you and Evan with an angry look on his face. He had asked you to prom junior year, and you were about to say yes until the next day you saw him making out with a girl you had never seen before. Since then, he had still asked you out countless times, but you flat out rejected him every time he asked.

"Y/N!" He shouted. "Why the fuck are you hanging out with this loser?"

Evan took in a sharp breath, and you swallowed. "Why? Do you have a problem with that?" You asked him. "It's not up to you as to who I hang out with, David. You don't control my life." You shot back.  

He snorted. "If you knew what was good for you, you'd stop being seen with him." 

By now, a small crowd had formed. You put a hand on your hip. "Try me, bitch." 

His eyes flared up. "You-" But before he could finish, you came up with a brilliant idea.

It was up to this point when you realized that Evan was still behind you, probably fearing for his life. So you turned around, summoned all the courage that you had, and kissed him. You. Were. Kissing. Evan. Hansen. Your best friend, your crush, your everything. This caught Evan by surprise, but he warmed up to it, and pretty soon his arms were on your hips and your hands were holding his cheeks. The gasps and claps from the crowd and the vulgar comments from David drowned out. All that mattered was Evan.

When you finally let go, the two of you realized that everyone was watching, and Evan buried his face into your neck out of embarrassment. But you could feel him smile into your skin. 

David was dumbfounded at this point. "What the fuck. What. The. Fuck." He exclaimed. He then turned his attention to you. The whole crowd was holding their breath, anticipating what would come in the next moment. David spat one word at you. "Slut."

And that's when he slapped you.

A/N: You do not know how many times I almost wrote Ben instead of Evan. 

#PLATTBOI (It's a hashtag Will Roland used in one of his tweets)

                                               Toodles!

                                                      -J