The Quiet After the Hurricane

Your face stung, and you took a step back. David was fuming at this point, and was about to hit you again, when all of a sudden Evan realized what happened and stepped in front of you. David hesitated for a moment. "Listen, dipshit, you'd better get outta here, or else I'll kick your ass."

Evan contemplated what to do for a second. All of a sudden, his fist went to David's nose, and before you knew it, he grabbed your hand and the two of you were running to God-knows-where. Not that you really cared, you were just concerned for Evan. After all, he would would probably be murdered the minute David saw him.

After a few minutes of half sprinting and half jogging, the two of you came to a stop in front of Evan's house. Evan wrapped his arm around your shoulder, and he steered you towards his front door. When you got inside, you plopped down on the couch while Evan went to get something from the kitchen. He came back with a bottle of water and sat next to you. "Here," He said. "Drink up." You happily obliged.

When you were finished drinking, you looked up at him. "Evan..." You whispered, shaking your head. 

"Shhhh, shhhh, calm down. It's okay." He whispered back.

You looked into his eyes, the first thing that you noticed when you saw him on the first day of school. They expressed concern and worry and admiration and love. And you placed your lips on his. This one definitely lasted longer than the one at school. Evan stopped in the middle of you kiss and chuckled against your lips. You broke apart. "Evan, you do realize that we still have to go back to school, right?" You asked him. 

He kissed you again. "We don't have to. I mean, you just got slapped and David's probably waiting for me so that he can murder me. I'd say that's a reasonable excuse." He told you.

You leaned back on the couch. "Yeah, but if my mom found out that I'm here, she would literally kill me." You whined.

"So, we'll stay here until the rest of school, and we'll walk back to your house once school is over." Evan suggested. 

"We'll? Ha, no, Evan. I'll walk back home. You probably won't be able to go out in public after that." You said. 

"All right, fine." Evan said. You yawned, feeling sleepy. You laid down on the couch, resting your head in Evan's lap. "Evan?" You asked him.

"What's up?" He responded. His eyes were closed and he had a slight smile on his face.

"You're okay with all this, right? I mean, I don't wanna push things too fast for you. If you don't want to date, then that's fine by me." You told him, biting your lip.

He looked down at you. "What made you think that I didn't want to date you?"