Evan POV

"Well, she was nice," My mom said. 

"Yeah, she is." I responded.

"Do you like her?" My mom asked me.

"Well, yeah, obviously." I responded. "She wouldn't be my partner if I didn't."

"No, I mean, do you want to date her?" My mom repeated.

I could feel myself blushing, and I knew there was no use hiding. I sighed. "Yeah, I guess."

My mom shrieked. "Does she have a boyfriend?" She asked. 

"No, not that I kno-" I began to say, but my mom cut me off.

"So ask her out!" My mom squealed, reminding me of a thirteen year old girl who fangirled over boy bands.

"Whoa, mom calm down! It's not that simple." I began to explain. "I don't know if she has a boyfriend. For all I know, he could be living in a different state. And besides, even if I did ask her out, she would probably say no. I mean, look at me. I have no friends, social anxiety, and no one notices me. Meanwhile, she's..." I paused, looking for the right word. "Breathtaking."

My mom gave me a sympathetic look, the put my face in her hands. "Evan," She said. "I know that girl is right for you. And maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but based on her heart..." She sighed and shook her head. "Evan, the fact that she asked you says something." She got up and walked to the door. "Just, think about it, okay?" And with that, she left my room.

A/N: So I decided to make this a really short chapter from Evan's perspective rather than have a really long one with half of his. Keep commenting!

                                         Toodles!

                                                -J