Fifteen

"Do you have a tendency to lead some people on?" - Ed Sheeran

Blake's POV

Reece, Emma and I sat at the campfire in the backyard, just talking while George and Haley were doing something inside the cabin. I don't know how, but somehow we ended up talking about George's relationship with that girl I didn't really like. What was her name again? Ashley, I think.

"I don't know why he is even with her." Reece said. "He's obviously not in love with her."

"Yeah that's what I thought." I agreed. "She's not even his type. He doesn't need some model chick with a lot of make up on. He needs someone who cares about other people more than about her outfit. Someone funny and who's not afraid to ruin her nails. Someone natural and beautiful from the inside. Someone just like Haley."

"Speaking of Haley." Emma spoke up. "Did you see the way they look at each other? There is definitely something going on between the two of them."

"Yeah I wanted to ask him about that because I think he might have fallen for her. But he's not cheating, is he?" Reece asked, looking at me as if I knew something. I held up my hands in defence.

"He hasn't told me anything. That's why I wondered because he usually tells me everything. He even told me that he had asked out his mum when he was like seven years old."

Emma snorted. "George is definitely not cheating. His heart is too pure to hurt anyone."

"So true." Reece said. "Remember that one time when a fan came up to him and gave him a peanut-chocolate bar but he's allergic to peanuts but he ate it anyway to not hurt the fan's feelings?"

"Oh god." I laughed. "I thought he'd die."

"We needed to go to the hospital." Reece said and everybody laughed. George was just way too nice to cheat on somebody or to hurt somebody's feelings.

"Well guys, I need a wee." I said and stood up and went over to the house. I guess I was expecting everything but what I saw next.

I entered the living room and saw Haley pressed against the kitchen counter by George, his arms around her waist and her hands in his hair. I blinked twice but they were still kissing passionately.

How? Was all I though. How could George do this to his girlfriend. How did this happen. How did we not notice what was going on?

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I spoke up and they both turned around in shock and surprise. Haley took a step to the side and then backwards, bringing some distance between the two of them. They wanted to explain, apologise but I didn't let them.

"How could you do this?" Was all I said.