Chapter 4. The past

Simon's POV

I couldn't leave my room. Now when I felt more guiltier than ever.

I let them erase their memories, although no one asked us if we wanted it or not, but I could've done something. I have superpowers for fuck's sake!

Everyone's out their looking for problems to solve, people to protect or save.

And me? I am pathetic. A mess.

I opened my safe what was built in my wall.
None of the guys knew I had one. They would be surprised if they'd ever found out, because of the contents inside of it.

I picked up the only thing that was in there. A small plain box. Nothing written on it.

I carefully sat down, satting it on my lap opening it oh so slowly.

His mask was the first thing I noticed in there. I lifted it up observing it. Then a flashback hit me.

*Flashback*

"How do I look?" Josh turned around to face me with his new mask on.

It was like Captain America's mask, but the whole thing was black with an orange Z on the forehead part.

"Stupid."

"You are stupid!" He shouted, pulling it off of his face, ruffling his neatly done hair in the process.

"At least I don't look like I got out of bed a minute ago." I laughed combing his hair back with my hands trying to style it.

Now I was extremely close to his face. We suddenly heard somebody clear their throat behind us. I turned around to see Vikk with another mask.

"This is yours Simon."

"Thank you."

I took it from him examining it. It was similar to Josh's, but with a white W on the forhead part. Then Josh admonished me to put it on.

He started laughing.

"Now we look equally stupid!"

*Flashback over*

This happened more than three years ago, before we even lived together. But I still remember it clear as day.

I placed the mask back into the box, pulling out the next object I knew so well.

His pink flaregun. Although his colour was orange, he loved to mess around with this fleshy pink thing, pissing me off everytime when he did.

If you want to be stealthy you can't use things that show everyone where you are...

He had matured a lot since the first day I met him. He got this thing after his mask, however he stopped using it after two months, when we became the real protectors of this city. It became his significant weapon for us anyways.

The last thing that this box cointained was a picture. Similar to my one with us on it. But this one seems more intimate. We are standing next to each other shoulder to shoulder, looking straight into each other's eyes with our body languages showing how comfortable we are around each other.

I turned it around to see something written on it:

You guys were too cute, so I had to take it.

Ps: I hope you realise it soon.

Jide

I never knew he took it, or what he meant by realising something. I guess it wasn't that important.

A put his things back into the box, closing it.