Chapter 8. Old-new member?

Josh's POV

I traced my fingers along the three letters. Z R K. It was so familiar yet really unidentified. Like the weapon itself belonged to me, but that was impossible. I didn't even have two of the letters in my name so how would it be mine. Plus I didn't know thesee guys before and I never used a sniper either. What am I thinking? But why would a spare gun be fully customised?

"Who is Z R K?"

"I... I'll tell you later."

Something was off. I could tell he didn't want to talk about this guy; well this person, because of the way he was acting. He looked like he was nervous when I asked a bunch of questions from him and now he was smiling at me like nothing ever happened.

Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Simon and spending time with him, however he sometimes acts so distant.  Like he is hiding something from me. I know we don't know each other for long, but it often seems like he doesn't trust me enough. Not even  with minor things.  And  that hurts. A lot. 

Time skip one month

Today was the day when I had to show the other Sidemen my powers. How much I improved and how good I really am. I don't have a clue why this is neccesary but Simon wants it so I didn't complain about such a thing. I think he's been spending more time  with me than his own team  since I met him. Hoewever I still feel like I have to earn his trust though.

I'm not quite sure if they all like me. Especially that Harry guy. He keeps giving me death-stares whenever I'm around. Although I think Vikk is cool since he was the one who helped Tobi when he wanted me to meet the crew. Plus he always seems nice to me. Then there is Behz. He is a true goofball who wants to hang out with me all the time, albeit Simon never lets that happen. Last but not least JJ seems like a chill dude too. I haven't really had time to talk to him yet so I can't judge him from such a small acquaintanceship.

Their house was empty as always when I arrived. Or at least no one wanted to answer the door for me. Simon was nowhere to be seen nor anyone else. They were either in their rooms or messing with me. Of course Simon or Tobi would do the latter one.

After three more attempts of ringing the goddamn doorbell I felt two arms around my waist and a weight on my shoulder. I looked down to be met with two arms in black and white, and two hands intertwined together, a signet-ring on one of them.

Simon.

"One way to greet me." I chuckled trying to get out of his embrace. "You could've let me in you know."

"What's the fun in that?" He let me go giggling. "Besides I wasn't in the house."

"Where were you then?"

"Out. To get some supplies for your little test."

"Oh god...This can't go right."

He finally let me in almost closing the door on me.

"Where is everyone?"

"They are suppose to be here." Simon murmured looking around. "I'll check their rooms. Don't go anywhere."

As he was gone I looked around in the living-room properly for the first time. It wasn't that big of a deal, just a modern room with expensive looking furniture. But then I spotted a picture on one of the walls. I saw that it was their group in their suits but I couldn't see it fully so I had to go closer to it. When I got up ready to observe the photograph Tobi appeared next to me on the couch.