Chapter 19. Till death do us part

Warning: Smut
_______________________________________

There was something hanging in the air as they were flying or teleporting home. A thick layer of fog surrounded the empty narrow streats, signalling it was in deed almost November. The night was cold and looked uneventful if it wasn't being judged by the heroes or the passangers of the cruise ship.

Back in the house they didn't talk much. They all said their  'good nights' as soon as their feet touched the parquet of the kitchen.

Simon stayed there, searching for a glass to drink from and an answer for his state of mind. He sighed after he finally found a small cup and filled it with something strong from the liquor cabinet. He took it down with two gulps and was about to pour another one when two arms wrapped around his torso and he could feel a weight being placed on his shoulder.

"Drinking this late?" Josh hummed from behind his ear pulling him closer.

He had to  stand on his tippy-toes, but that didn't stop him in showing affection to his lover who needed it like some people need their cigarettes. Josh was his addiction, with his touch, his lips... But he would never admit that, due to his pride being so important for him.

"Yeah. I was thirsty." The blonde shrugged placing the cap back on the bottle.

"Come sleep with me."

"Gladly." Simon giggled turning around and pushing Josh onto the counter.

He started hungryly kissing his neck as he stood between his legs, pushing himself closer to his body as much as he could.

"Simon, not now." Josh demanded placing a hand on his chest, shoving him away gently. "I didn't mean it like that."

The blonde whined crossing his arms, pouting. "Not fair."

"You're drunk." Josh simply said taking his hand guiding him somewhere.

"No. I am not." He stopped dead in his tracks raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend. "Besides, where the hell are we going?"

"You need some fresh air." Josh stated dragging him towards the door which led to the garage.

"You're right." He whispered closing the garage door behind them. "Take my Range Rover." (Simon's actual car)

"Ok."
~

The ride was silent yet again. Simon barely let anyone drive his car, but he preffered this one rather than his or even Josh's flashy ones, if it was just the two of them. So he passed him the keys as soon as he heard that his best friend wanted to go for a night drive.

Simon tapped on his thighs as they were going in the middle of nowhere. Something felt familiar about the scenery when he looked out the window, with its medows and corn fields.

Josh turned left,  right onto a dirt road which looked like it led to nowhere in particular.

"You know where are we going or it was just a pure guess?" Simon hummed still observing the landscape.

"You remember the old water tower we used to always climb up?"
Josh didn't dart his gaze away from the road as he spoke either.

"Yes. Where you showed me you can go invisble!" Simon exclaimed smiling at the memory.

Ten minutes more of driving and Josh stopped the engine opening Simon's door for him and helping him out of the vehicle.

"This is still cool." Simon hummed as he placed one foot on the ladder wich led to the top of the tower.

Josh put a hand on his shoulder stopping him. "I wouldn't go up there. It looks dangerous as hell now. I know that it was my idea, but I didn't know it looked like this."