Bio #8: Axel Coving

(As of Volume 4)

Appearance
Name: Axel Coving
Height: 6' 2"
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Race: Human
Weapon: Spear-shield powered by Ice Dust
Semblance: Flash Freeze
Hair: Thick; Slightly spiked; Gray
Eyes: Light blue
Attire: Red shirt and blue pants

History
Axel Coving is a relatively nice guy... once you get to know him. For him, trust isn't gained, it's earned. Once he warms up to you, he's a pretty chill guy (pun entirely intended that time). Until then, expect a lot of sass and mean comments.

Axel had an average childhood, caring parents, a decent amount of friends, and decent grades. But it all went downhill after he discovered his Semblance. Due to this, his previously mentioned friends treated him like a freak, and even his parents seemed a bit cautious of him. It's because of these actions that he has trust issues.

His Semblance, Flash Freeze, allows him to lower the temperature of anything he touches. As a teen, this Semblance pretty much ruined his life, going off unintentionally and harming others. But, after training, he managed to gain control of it. He now uses it whenever he wants. His weapon works in tangent to it, as it is powered by Ice Dust. Thanks to the Dust and his Semblance, his spear can become more dangerous by adding another layer of ice to the head or become an icy shield to block attacks.

Relationships
Sapphire Drey: While indifferent to Sapphire at first, after they were trapped in that cave, she earned his trust by helping him survive. While he finds her kind, he sees the look in her eyes. The look of someone vying for revenge. Through that, he could somewhat relate, as he was bullied as a teen. But he has not confronted her about it.

Taven Elysian: Due to Taven's nature, Axel took an immediate liking to Taven. Taven's the only guy friend he has, and the two have fun sparring and hunting Grimm together. Though he dislikes Taven's cartel connections, he understands that it's not entirely his fault.

Rin: Of all the people curious about Rin's origins, Axel was the most curious. Due to this, every now and then, the two will have what Sapphire and Taven lovingly call "couple spats". Despite this, the two get along decently enough. Though at one point, Axel caught Rin reading a news article on her laptop. Before Rin noticed him and closed the window, Axel managed to catch the article's title: "The Fall of Ebonvale". Theories have been bustling around in his mind ever since.

Rose Greymalk: Unlike his teammates, he holds a soft spot for Rose. He hit a depressed state one day as a teen during the days his Semblance was out of control. He was shivering in an alleyway, muttering dangerous words. But he heard a scoff and saw Rose, who introduced herself and tossed him a coat. Axel had looked at her in shock as she walked away, and she said, "Remember that no matter how bad things are, it's never worth your life."