Bio #9: Rin

(As of Volume 4)

Appearance
Name: Rin (LAST NAME REDACTED)
Height: 6'
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Race: Faunus (Unknown; Reptilian; scales)
Weapon: Twin sabers with jagged edges.
Semblance: Terrain Change
Hair: Short; Brown
Eyes: Slanted; Green
Attire: Black shirt with white and red highlights, and black pants
Inspiration: Conan the Barbarian

History
Rin doesn't remember much about her past. She remembers a lot of screaming, her and her father getting separated from her mother and baby sister, and her father succumbing to his injuries, leaving her alone.

She doesn't like talking about her childhood, half because there were painful memories, half because she couldn't remember most of it herself. She doesn't even know what type of Faunus she is, just that it's reptilian due to the somewhat visible scales. All she could remember was being on her own for years, creating her own weapons, unlocking her Semblance, and eventually finding herself near Haven, where the Headmaster took pity on her and invited her to join his school.

Even after becoming a member of Team STAR, she rarely talked. It was only thanks to Axel that she broke out of her shell, though mainly because he couldn't mind his own business. But when she saw that he was sincere, she slowly realized that this wasn't the wild anymore. These people actually cared about her. While she prefers to keep her origin a secret, she has opened up to her team.

Her Semblance, Terrain Change, is quite an interesting ability. This allows her to morph the very ground she stands on into any kind of terrain she wants. For example, she could change a rocky area around her into a lake-like area. When she first discovered her Semblance, it only affected the area within a five foot radius. But through training, it now affects the area within a twenty foot radius. Through enough concentration, she can also control whatever is in that circle, such as manipulating plant life or even create ground to float atop water.

Relationships
Sapphire Drey: Rin finds Sapphire a great battling partner. If it hadn't been for that stupid incident, Rin has confidence that she and Sapphire could've easily won the Vytal Festival Tournament. The two are also good friends, and though Rin doesn't appreciate Sapphire keeping her past a mystery to her team, Rin knows that she has no room to talk.

Taven Elysian: She'll admit, Rin had a small crush on Taven for a time, but luckily, it was just that. She got over it pretty quick. She appreciates his respect for her privacy. When he asked about her last name, she simply replied, "Like many things about my past, I don't remember."

Axel Coving: She'd never admit this, but she's probably the closest to Axel. Though he annoys her sometimes with his curiosity, she can't find it in her to be mad at him. But lately, she's found herself wondering if she sees him more than "just friends".

Rose Greymalk: Though she acts like she doesn't like Rose, Rin imagines that she is what Rin would've been if taken a different path. But that still doesn't stop her from finding Rose annoying. And getting slightly jealous of Axel's praise of her.