Bio #20: Scarlett Justine

(As of Volume 4)

Appearance
Name: Scarlett Justine
Height: 5' 11"
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Race: Faunus (Cobra; fangs)
Weapon: Bow staff/night sticks/knives
Semblance: Sand Manipulation
Hair: Long; Blonde
Eyes: Slanted; Yellow
Attire: Black pants and bright red shirt
Inspiration: Basilisks (European Mythology); Black Widow (Marvel); Gaara (Naruto)

History
Scarlett Justine was told as a child that if life hit you, you hit back harder. And that was especially true with her growing up as a Faunus. She was constantly bullied by her fellow children and classmates, but she ignored it for as long as she could. But one can only do that for so long before they snap. One day, after a few strings of insults from a few bullies, she was reminded of her parents' words and hit back. Or rather, bit back.

The fangs in her mouth contained a very lethal venom, which put the bullies in emergency care for a month. Since then, she gained her respect through fear. Anyone who dared to mess with her got bitten. She was a very cruel girl until she met Ava. By then, it was no longer about protecting herself, but protecting Ava. And with a bit of effort, both made it into Shade Academy.

Her Semblance is called Sand Manipulation, developed due to being out in the desert for so long. What she can do is pretty self-explanatory. It's a very powerful Semblance to have too, as having the ability to control sand when your entire continent is a desert is pretty useful, as one could imagine.

Scarlett's weapon is a bow staff that can separate into dual night sticks. In both forms, knife blades can stick out either end. She also uses this weapon to vault over people like an acrobat, most of her agility coming from self-training.

Scarlett hasn't really changed much since joining Team FSHA. She's still pretty hostile and very protective of Ava. While she respects her other teammates, her own survival and Ava's are always top priority.

Relationships
Team FSHA
Felix Scout: At first, Scarlett hated Felix with a passion. He didn't exactly leave a good first impression, especially with his opening comments and the knowledge that he was a near drop-out. But he improved over time, and Scarlett began to tolerate him. Though his interest in espionage gets on her nerves, simply because he can't seem to get them into a Vytal Festival Tournament.

Hayden Fonda: Scarlett has never been sure what to make of Hayden. He's a nice enough guy, but she knows nothing about him, even after three years of being on the same team.

Ava Lillian: When Scarlett found Ava in the middle of the desert, she made it her personal mission to protect this girl. She views Ava as a little sister, and will protect her at all costs. How far she'll go has not been seen.

Team ACID
Akira Chutu: If she was honest, Scarlett doesn't really care for Akira, other than finding that the type of Faunus she is being pretty neat. Her Semblance is quite fascinating though. Scarlett admittedly wants to test to see if it would work with her own Semblance.

Cronos Troyard: Cronos' expertise in tinkering interests Scarlett. What does not interest her is the goals behind the gadgets he creates. She doesn't care much for the raiding on SDC factories. In fact, it's a wonder that she hasn't ratted them out yet.

Isabella Coyote: Isabella gets on Scarlett's nerves simply because she views Isabella as lazy. But she will admit that Isabella is very capable in combat abilities. She certainly gave Scarlett a difficult time during a spar.

Daegal Sødrage: Scarlett often questions Daegal's choice in clothing, somewhat out of concern considering he's wearing black in the middle of the desert. Other than that, he's just a big, yet strangely athletic, fighter with a big sword.