Chapter 24

Songs for this chapter:

Say Something- A Great Big World

Save Me- Queen

Don't Let Me Get Me-P!NK

Savannah's POV

                Normally, I wouldn’t even think about dressing up for my family, but we are going to a nice restaurant, and I am in LA so might as well.  The dress I chose is a fuchia color with a small brown belt across my stomach.  The spaghetti straps criss-crossed in the back and also had a small Aztec pattern at the base of each strap.  The dress itself reached to my knees and it wasn’t too tight or too loose.  I pulled my wavy hair into a low-side ponytail and pinned my bangs back.  My make-up was little bit more than what I usually wear, some eyeliner, mascara, and blush but not too overdone.  I pull out some lip gloss and apply a fair amount to my lips before fixing every detail of my body, trying to distract myself.  I hear the bathroom door open followed by footsteps.  I feel Niall’s arms wrap around my waist and his lips gently connect with my shoulder as his hair tickles my neck.  My face heats up as I watch the events in the mirror take place.  I try to remind myself that I should definitely be mad at him, but his touch just melts me and I don’t know what to do but surrender.  “Can we talk please?”  He whispers softly into my ear.  I nod as he meets my eyes in the mirror.  I quickly put all of my things back where they belond as he stands idly by the doorway.

                I finally acknowledge his outfit of khakis and a plain white shirt, covered by a jean jacket I have grown to love.  Classy and casual, just like I told him.  “You look nice,” I say with a small smile, trying my best to diffuse the tension.

                He looks down and says, “Thank you.  You’re stunning as always.”  I blush as I meet him at the doorway and follow him to the bedroom.

                We both take a seat on the edge of the bed in a nervous silence, neither of us knowing where or how to start.  Finally, he takes my hand in mine and begins to speak, “I’m sorry about earlier today.  I guess I just got freaked out by the whole thing.  I’m just, I don’t know, I’m still really confused on what this is exactly.  I didn’t mean to worry you or anything or make you mad, I just didn’t know what to do.”

I nod at the fact that he has practically read my mind.  “What made you change your mind?”  I ask.

                “My friend actually,” he says.  “My friend Dan, his girlfriend Brooke just gave me some advice about it and she said that if I really liked you, I should never pass up the opportunity to spend time with you.”

                I gulp at his explanation.  I know I’ve accused him twice now and I’d rather let the bile in my stomach escape then admit my earlier suspicions.  “Well, she’s very wise, I guess,” I say timidly.  He squeezes my hand but I’m too deep in thought to squeeze back.  I try to think of something to say or something to do, but nothing seems right. 

                “Sav,” Niall says in a low voice and I finally snap my face towards his.

                “Sorry, just thinking,” I spit out and look away again.  He already agreed to come tonight, so why am I still skeptical about his feelings?  The girl he was with was just his friend, so why am I still so nervous about him cheating?  Him and Demi are in the past but why the hell am I still so jealous?  “Well, I’m glad you decided to come,” I say with as much of a smile as I can muster.  I start to stand up to gather my things but Niall’s hand grabs my arm and pulls me back to the bed.

                “Wait, one more thing,” he says and I force myself to make eye contact with him.  “About last night, I’m sorry if we didn’t take things slow enough.  You’re not an object to me, and I don’t just want sex with you, I care about you more than you’ll ever know, okay?  We can take things as slow as you need.”

                I wish he wouldn’t have brought up last night.  I honestly have no idea what got into me, but that has never happened before.  Maybe it was the champagne, I keep telling myself, but I know what it is.  I was scared if that didn’t happen then something else would, something way worse.  “Hey, I came onto you,” I joke and nudge his shoulder with my own.

                “That is very true,” he says before giving me a light but sweet kiss.  “Now let’s go enjoy dinner.”

                “Hopefully,” I sigh and I almost catch a hint of fear in his eyes before I stand up once again.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys like this! I know it's short but the next chapter is long I promise !!  I know not a lot of people read this, but this story did reach 1K reads so I'm happy about that.  I don't care about the number of reads or whatever, I just like writing to write :)

Vote, comment, and all that jazz xoxo