Chapter 48

Songs for this chapter:

Gotta Get Out-5SOS

All About Us-He is We

Check Yes Juliet-We The Kings

SAVANNAH’S POV

                I’ve taken many flights in the past six months, but when I see the lights of the city shining under me I’m always blown away.  Ireland looks absolutely beautiful from a mile high.  We pass over some cities and some just wide open spaces with rivers running through miles of green land like veins.  “You’re so lucky,” I say to Niall and he laughs.  “Seriously it’s beautiful.”

“I get a beautiful view all the time,” he says smirking at me.  I laugh and lightly clock him on the head.  “You give me such great opportunities,” he says and I shake my head knowing he’s right.

“I’m so nervous,” I breathe out.

“Stop, my family is going to love you,” he says covering his hand with my own.  “Your dress is fine, everything’s fine, stop worrying.”

“Have you met me?  Worry is my middle name,” I say.

“Unfortunately, I know,” he mumbles and I bite his shoulder in return.  He glares at me and rubs his shoulder as we start our descent into the beautiful country, or ‘God’s country’ as Niall has been calling it.  First class gets to leave the plane first and Niall insists on carrying my backpack for me and I let him, it’s been a long flight and I just want to sleep.  It’s nearly midnight here which means it’s only supposed to be about 3pm back home so I’m slightly screwed up but still willing to take a nap.  Sleep is a privilege these days.

After waiting at the baggage claim for what felt like forever, we walk over to the gate.  Normally we’d need security and stuff but no one’s going to mob us at midnight, there’s barely anyone on the plane or in this airport.  “Dad!”  Niall calls out and rushes towards his father, dropping his bags in the process.  I glare at him but it quickly turns into a smile as I see him embrace the old man.  I pick up the bags he left behind and carry them over to where he is now.

“Thanks for the help,” I say and Niall gives me an apologetic look.  “I’m Savannah,” I introduce sticking my hand out to the man in front of me.  I can definitely see features of Niall in him, like his red cheeks and broad shoulders.

“Bobby, very nice to meet you,” he shakes my hand with a smile.

“You as well,” I reply with equal gratitude. 

“Niall has told me a lot about you, it’s nice to finally get to see you in the flesh,” Bobby says taking my luggage case from me.

“I can roll it, it’s fine,” I tell him.

“No, you’re a guest, let me,” he says taking control of it completely.

“You sure?”  I ask.

“Yes, Niall take the others,” he orders before leading us out.  Niall rolls his eyes but obeys his father.  “How was the flight?”

“Long,” Niall says.

“I bet, what time did you guys leave?”  Bobby asks.

“6am, LA time,” I answer.

“Right, Niall told me you lived in California,” he responds making small talk and I appreciate the efforts he’s making to get to me, I definitely like him.

“Yeah, Santa Maria,” I say.  “It’s like 45 minutes from LA, 10 from the coast, and 3 hours from the mountains.”

“Nice gig,” he jokes and I laugh slightly.