Chapter 28

Songs for this chapter:

Fix a heart-Demi Lovato

The way you make me feel- Michael Jackson

Lips of an Angel-Hinder

SAVANNAH’S POV

                My father, being the friendly person he is, has made it a point to introduce himself to every person I talk to.  “Hello, I’m Henry, Savannah’s father,” in the same proud tone.  Of course I blush and roll my eyes each time, but I let him have his fun.

                “Ok, dad, if you meet Simon please say something a bit more professional,” I tell him after we are done small talk with Tate.

                “Savannah, I’m not a child, I know,” he says to me.

                “I beg to differ,”  I mutter under my breath as I spot Demi.  “Demi, hey!”

                “Hi, how is my last contestant?”  She asks while throwing her arm around me.  “Niall, you’re still here?”  She asks, acknowledging the blonde hair man trailing behind my father.

                “Unfortunately, yes,” he says and I glare at him. 

                Demi laughs and says, “You must be Savannah’s father, I’ve heard so much about you.”

                “Yes, Henry, nice to meet you,” he says.

                “You as well,” she says shaking his extended hand.  “I assume you’re here for Savannah’s contract.”

                “Yes, and I’ll be  back again soon, hopefully,” he says, hinting at the actual signing of it.

                I look towards the ground as Demi bails me out of this situation, “Alright, well sorry to cut this short, but Savannah’s got to warm up.”

                “Oh, I didn’t realize that was a private thing,” my father asks.

                “By warm-up, they mean gossip,” Niall says before stepping forward and kissing my cheek.  “I’ll see you later.”

                I smile and my face becomes warm as my father stares at us.  “Dad, you can watch my actual rehearsals on the stage, I promise,” I say to him.

                “Alright, I guess I can find something to do until then,” he says.

                “Why don’t you and Niall get to know each other a little better,” I hint and fear completely takes over Niall’s face.  I know this is overwhelming for him, but the opportunity is there so might as well seize it.  Maybe I should be taking my own advice.

                “I was actually going to go speak to that Tate guy, but I guess this arrangement is okay,” my father awkwardly states as Niall shifts uncomfortably in his shoes.

                “Great, have fun,” I say cheerfully before leading Demi away to my dressing room.  “God, that was unbearable,” I say when I shut the door.

                “You just fed Niall to the wolves,” she jokes.

                “That was last night, I fed him to papa bear right then,” I joke back as she laughs and takes a seat on the couch.