Chapter 3

SAVANNAH’S POV

                All the acts had finished and Simon stood up to announce our second task, “Alright, congratulations to all of you for making it this far.  Tomorrow is the second task and we are going to pair you guys up right now with another act, and you will have to sing with them.  You will be able to choose the song from a list and practice today and tomorrow.  Good luck.”

                Each judge read off a list of names paired with a different one.  I’m nervous that I’ll be paired with someone with a totally different voice and style that I’ll have to adjust to.  “Savannah Marx,” Britney’s voice spoke.  “And Emblem 3.”  This is good and bad.  It’s good because we get along and the communication will be easy, but it’s bad because I’m getting put up against three amazing voices and I don’t want to compete against my friends.  None of us said anything to each other when this was announced.  They dismissed us to go be with our partners and start working.

                As I was walking offstage, Wes said to me, “I guess we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other.”

                “I guess so,” I smiled at him.

                “Savannah,” I heard and turned around to see Demi walking towards me.

                “Um, hi,” I said nervously, absolutely still starstruck at the idol in front of me.  She led me out of the sea of people and into a different spot backstage.

                “Your performance was so moving and incredible and I was so mad at the fact we couldn’t comment on the acts today because I would’ve told you how much it meant to me,” she said starting to tear up again, so did I.  “I feel like I can relate a lot to where you’re coming from even though you haven’t told me just because of the way you bear your soul into your music.  Not only that, but your voice is not something anyone here has heard before and it’s so special that you can make people feel what your singing.  I just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel and I admire you for what you do.”

                I was in sobs right now as I threw my arms around her and squeezed her.  She did the same and I just kept saying, “Thank you so much.”

                “Remember, we have to stay strong, ok?”  She said as we pulled back.  I nodded and she gave me one last hug before turning away and I did the same. 

                I found the boys at the same place they were at earlier and Wes immediately asked, “What happened?”

                “I think I just had a moment with Demi Lovato,” I said laughing a bit. 

                They laughed too and Keaton just said, “Is it weird that I’m jealous of you right now?”

*****~~~~~~~~~~*****

                “You can go on out now,” the lady with a headset told me as entered from the right wing and the boys entered from the left.

                “Hi guys,” Simon said as we stopped center stage.  “What are you guys going to be singing?”

                “Perfect by Pink,” Wes answered.

                “Ok, best of luck,” Simon spoke.

                Drew sat down and started strumming his guitar.  I looked down at Demi and she gave me a wink and I smiled a bit.  I can do this.  “Made a wrong turn, once or twice, dug my way out, blood and fire,” Wes started singing.