Chapter 57

Songs for this chapter:

Drops of Jupiter-Train

Towers-Little Mix

Home-Philip Philipps

SAVANNAH’S POV

                I slip my sweatshirt off my body due to the high humidity of this new country and shove it in my back pack as the car rolls into the arena parking lot.  “Have you been to Mexico before?”  The driver, Stan, asks and I direct my attention to him.

“Once on vacation, but that was Cancun,” I answer.

“Well it’s definitely hotter,” he says and I laugh.

“That’s for sure,” I reply as someone else opens my door for me.  I sling my heavy backpack over my shoulder and slide out of the black leather interior, letting the sun beam down at me nearly blinding me despite my sunglasses.  My luggage is placed in front of me and I thank the security guard as I struggle to maneuver my rolly, duffel, backpack and purse into the arena.  The door opens before it gets to me and Louis steps out with a soccer ball in his hands.

“Hello love, how are you?”  He asks holding the door open for me.

“Struggling, but great,” I answer and he laughs.

“Let me grab that for you,” he says taking my rolly from me and walking back inside.

“Thank you hon,” I smile at him as he sways in front of me.  “How was your week off?” 

“Lovely, very relaxing, yours?”  He asks leading us through many hallways with lots of sharp turns.

“Dramatic unfortunately,” I sigh and he stops to throw his arm around me before walking again.

“I’m sorry sweetheart,” he says with a tight smile and I nod my head.

“It’s fine, it was nice to be home at least,” I say and he smiles before stopping in front of what I assume is my dressing room.

“Did you happen to bring back those cookies?”  He asks opening the door for me and I laugh.

“No, but I can make some tonight at the hotel,” I offer.

“I’m just teasing, but I’m not opposing,” he says.  “We’re playing a game in a few minutes,” he informs closing the door behind him.  I drop my duffel bag on the couch provided and immediately rummage through it for shorts, jeans was definitely not a good idea and I’m not missing out on a match with these boys.  I find an old pair of soccer shorts, spandex, sports bra, and tank top along with some knee-highs and sneakers.  I quickly change and throw my hair up not exactly having a plan for the rest of the day besides the concert.  I know Niall and I will have to talk at some point, but I don’t even know where to begin that conversation, so I choose to talk later.

I find my way out of the arena to the door I came out of seeing Louis, Josh, Harry, and Niall all kicking around the football.  I hate when I don’t see Niall for a while because it blows me away by how beautiful is every time.  Right now he’s wearing the biggest smile on his face and it makes me bounce over to him and jump on his back.  He screams, slightly losing his balance, so I put my feet down and laugh as he catches eyes with me.  “Hey stranger,” he says holding my hand that is resting on his chest.

“Hi,” I say softly.  “Need a partner?”  I ask gesturing to Harry.

“I’m not that bad,” Harry defends and I roll my eyes.

“You know she was D1 right?”  Niall says in a mocking tone and I slap his arm slightly before untangling myself from him.  “Hey,” he stops me before I can get too far.  He pulls me in for a short kiss and as welcoming as it is, I still feel guilt piling in my stomach, “I missed you.”