Chapter 37

Songs for this chapter:

R.I.P.-Rita Ora

The Way I loved You- Taylor Swift

Down- Blink 182

SAVANNAH’S POV

                The past month has been absolutely insane, even my days off seem planned and hectic.  I’ve got to spend some time with my old friends, my family, I even found time to go skiing.  I managed to even take a couple runs down a training course and it wasn’t too bad considering I did no preseason training for it, but it did make me realize how much I’m going to miss it.  I’m going to miss a lot about my old life, but it was nice to get one last glimpse of it before I had to go to work.  

                It’s nearing the end of January and it’s crazy to think that ina few days my first single is going to be released.  My name will be on iTunes and on TV and my song will be played on the radio.  I’m still having a hard time wrapping my head around it, and I think I always will.  The past weeks alone I’ve been travelling across America and doing promotion for it.  Now it’s time for me to complete cross the seas on my own and do whatever I can to make myself known.  I already have everyday booked with studio time, radio station visits, and one photoshoot.  All the other time will be spent with Niall if I’m close to him.  Tonight especially has been reserved for him.  It’s been weeks since we’ve been together and I’ve missed him so much, but the distance is working a lot better than last time.  We’ve talked every single day whether it be hours of skyping or a simple text message, I’ve heard from him and known he’s okay and nothing between us has changed.

                I am thrilled to see him now, and I’m getting more anxious each foot closer we get to the ground.  This is my first time ever flying first class and it is the perfect treat.  I slept most of the way here and when I woke up, people were there waiting on me hand and foot.  Normally I’d object, but I’m too exhausted to care.  Not soon enough, the plane lands and I immediately jump up and grab my carry on from the overhead bin as my personal guard, Danny, is immediately by my side and escorting me off.  I immediately look for Niall the second I step out of the gate, but I know he’s smart enough to not come in here.  What did shock me is the amount of noise in this airport.  Normally, it’s full of people minding their own business, maybe even some kids crying, but it sounds like a riot is happening.

                I walk with Danny in front of me to the baggage claim as we get closer and closer to the noise.  It appears to be a crowd gathering near the baggage claim, all screaming with security guards holding them back.  I don’t realize until I get closer that a few of them are screaming my name, and that all of them are here for me.  A smile immediately overtakes my face as I walk fast over to them.  There’s at least 100 people here all cheering, volume increasing as I get closer.  I wave to them and approach the first security guard letting them know it’s ok.  “Oh my gosh, it’s really you,” the first person I walk up to says.

                “Yes, hi, thank you for coming,” I say signing whatever she held out in front of me.  Flashes start to surround us and people eagerly try to snap pictures as I make my way through the crowd of people.  I sign as many things as I can, and smile for an infinite amount of pictures, giving out thousands of thanks before I’m pulled away.  I never wanted to stop doing this, I wanted to say hello to every single one of them and hug them, but unfortunately there was not enough time.  “I love you all so much,” I yell out as Danny gently pulls me away.  “I’m so sorry, but thank you so much.”

                I’m handed my bags and I continue to give waves and kisses as I walk away towards a back exit.  “That was insane,” I say to Danny.