Chapter 44

Songs for this chapter:

Girls-The 1975

Cop Car-Keith Urban

Love Somebody- Maroon 5

 NIALL’S POV

                Something’s beeping and it needs to fucking shut up.  I hear Savannah groan beside me as I pull a pillow over my head, ignoring the morning sun.  “Shut up!”  Savannah yells and I chuckle as I feel her move to get up.  After some stumbling and profanities, the beeping ceases and I hear Savannah sigh.

                “What time is it?”  I mumble.

                “6:30,” she answers and I groan as I hear footsteps getting farther and farther away.  I peek out from under the pillow a bit and see the light streaking through the curtains and I bury my head back in the pillow.  Moments later I feel drops of water on my bare back and fingers roaming through my hair.  I must have fallen asleep as Savannah tells me to get up.

                “No,” I groan and she laughs before I feel a sharp bite on my shoulder.  “Ow,” I say rolling onto my back and seeing her smiling face.

                “Get up,” she whines grabbing my hands in hers.

                “You sound like my mother,” I say sitting up and rubbing my tired eyes.   I notice her hair is wet and pulled back into a braid, but I like it, I can see her face.  It’s glowing and her smile is so radiant as she looks at me.

                “Get out of bed you lazy shit,” she says with a grin before crawling closer to me and giving me a kiss.  She pulls away and I catch her face in my hands pulling her in for another.  “Hi,” she whispers once our lips finally part.

                “Hi,” I chuckle.  “Are you okay?”

                She nods with a smile evident on her face as she jumps off the bed.  “We have to leave soon,” she says packing things into her bag.  I roll over and grab my boxers off the floor next to the bed and slip them on as she frantically grabs things from around the room.

                “Need help?”  I ask putting on sweatpants and a t-shirt.

                “No, I got it,” she says zipping up the luggage case.

                “Hey,” I say catching her waist in my arms.  She wraps her arms lazily around my neck, her cheeks a certain tint of pink and her fruit body wash filling the air around us.  “Last night doesn’t change anything.  If anything, it’s made me fall harder.”

                She looks away from me but I can tell she’s smiling.  “I’m happy it happened,” she says and I lean down to kiss her forehead.  “I really don’t want to leave,” she sighs.

                “Me neither,” I say as she wraps me into a hug.  “Just think, if you go on tour we can do that every night and wake up to each other every morning and you can make me breakfast because you’re such a good cook.”

                She laughs and answers, “Is that all I’m good for?”  I nod jokingly and she pushes me off of her continuing to pack.  I go into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee as I notice my real estate agents business card on the counter.  I’m supposed to be moving soon into a house but with the tour and everything I have no idea how I’m going to move all of my stuff.  I told myself a while ago to look at my schedule to see when I would be home but I haven’t gotten to it.  The next time I’ll be back is for the wedding and I only have a bout a day here before I have to fly into Ireland, and Savannah will be here.

                “Ready?”  Savannah walks into the kitchen with her bags hanging from her shoulders.

                “Yeah, let me take one of those,” I offer and take it from her before she can protest.

                “Thank you,” she breathes out rubbing her shoulder.

                “You alright?”  I ask.

                “Yeah, I’ve always had problems with this shoulder,” she tells me as I walk out of the apartment, her behind me.  “Like you and your knee.”

                “Don’t remind me I really don’t want surgery,” I say as I lock the door.

                “I was supposed to get surgery, but I decided to do just a lot of rehab and rest,” she tells me dragging her stuff to the elevator.

                “Next time I see you, you’ll be all dolled up for my big brother’s wedding,” I say suddenly brushing her hair out of her face.

                “Speaking of which, I haven’t picked out a dress yet,” she gives me a sorry smile.

                “It’s ok, just don’t wear pink, those are the color of the bridesmaid dresses,” I tell her and she nods.  “And no matter what you wear, you’re going to look beautiful.”

                She rolls her eyes as the doors open and we walk in silence to the car.  “I don’t want to go back,” she whines as she climbs into the passenger side.  “I’m so busy, I just want to sleep.”

                “Welcome to the music industry,” I say grabbing her hand and starting the car.  She drops her head back and groans squeezing my hand tightly. “What do you have?”

                “I’m shooting the music video for Made in the USA,” she says with a smile on her face.

                “Music videos are fun, do you know what it’s going to be about?”

                “I think it’s taking place on a beach, and there will be like a bonfire and a lot of American things,” she lists off.  “There’s also supposed to be a love interest who is a soldier.”

                “A love interest?”  I ask looking straight at her.

                “Yes, but don’t worry, I don’t have to kiss him,” she defends.  “At least I don’t think.”   

                I sigh and drum my fingers on the wheel trying to say something that won’t make me sound like a jealous dick, “Well, I’m sure the video will turn out great.”

                “Niall, I won’t kiss him, and I’ll be thinking of you the whole time,” she says kissing the top of my hand.

                I roll my eyes at her and she laughs.  I look over at her and it’s like everything I’ve ever wanted is sitting right next to me.  Like everything about me that’s wrong is right in her and despite our differences we’re similar if that makes any sense.  Whether she’s on tour with me or not, we’ll make it through, we have to, for the good of both of us.

~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short and sucky but I didn't know what else to write.  the next chapter is the filming for the music video and some drama may happen, maybe ??

I hope you're all enjoying your summer, I certainly am :)

Don't forget to vote and comment !! xoxo