Chapter 25

Songs for this chapter:

Look After You- The Fray

The Lucky One- Taylor Swift

SAVANNAH’S POV

                I zip up the zipper on my black bootie heels and a scarf to cover the mark Niall gave me that make-up just couldn’t cover.  “Are you sure you want to wear those shoes?  We are walking,” Niall says as we both continue to get ready. 

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, don’t worry,” I say.

“Whatever you say,” he sighs and I roll my eyes.  “Is your family nice?”  He asks and I hear the hesitation in his voice.

                “No, they’re unbearable,” I tell him and I see him freeze in the mirror.  I laugh and say, “They’re reasonable, just very sarcastic, so don’t get too defensive.”

                “You think that was funny?”  He says with a smirk on his face.

                “Course not baby,” I say giving him a wink in the mirror.

                I see him walk closer to me and I turn around to meet his eyes, “And you think you can talk to me like that?”

                I lower my eyes and say, “Course baby.”

                He gives me a fake angry face before his hands meet my sides and start tickling me.  I laugh and try to swat him off.  He starts laughing too and says, “That’s what you get.”

                “Stop it,” I whine while laughing and kicking at his legs.  I’m amazed that we can go from a fight, well sort of a fight, to laughing with each other in just five minutes.  I’ve never had this ease before, maybe it’s just me and I’m maturing.  Or maybe it’s because Niall just seems so right.

                “Fine, fine,” he says wrapping his arms around my waist as mine go around his neck.  “How much longer until they’re here?”

                “Probably a few minutes, we are never a late family,” I tell him. 

                “Have you told them about the record deal?”  He asks immediately after.

                “My dad knows, I’m having him look at the contract, but I haven’t told the rest of them,” I say.  I want to tell them but I don’t want to get their hopes up.  I have a million things I need to think about before signing and I know my mom will make a huge commotion about it.

                “You should tell them, tonight,” he says.

                “No, they’ll cause a scene,” I say.

He laughs and nods slightly but I can feel the uncertainty in his actions.  His eyes drift downwards and his shoulder blades are tenser than normal.  “Why are you so nervous?  Everything will be fine.”

                “I don’t know, I don’t want to fuck everything up,” he says and I silently hope the same thing.  Of course I have faith in him, but god only knows how my family will act.  My sisters will probably be drunk and asking embarrassing questions and my mother will give him a glare all night, but aren’t all families dysfunctional?  And Niall is an amazing person, they will see that.