Chapter 53

Songs for this chapter:

Heart of Gold- Birdy (highly suggeest listening to this song while reading)

Sirens-Cher Lloyd

SAVANNAH’S POV

                Sweat drips off of my forehead and onto the cement ground as I push myself up once more, exhaling as I do so.  I look over and see Calum’s arms completely beat red and shaking, “Come on, just five more.”

                He breathes deeply as I push through the burn in my arms.  Five more, four more, three more, just two more, the second I’m done the last one I collapse on the ground face down.  My arms ache and throd as I flip onto my back and the sounds of our heavy breathing fills the empty hallway.  “Why the fuck did we think this was a good idea?”  Calum says and I laugh in between my panting.

                “Because we’re tough as shit,” I answer and sit up reaching for my water bottle.  I give him a high five as he still lies sprawled out on the floor.  “Think how hot we’re going to look if we keep doing this,” I say trying to stand up despite the soreness in my thighs.  We decided to be each other work out buddies so we made a combination of both of our usual ones and it was torturous.

                “Maybe I can actually wear muscle tees,” he grumbles and I laugh as voices start to echo in the hallway.  I eventually sit back down because I definitely will not be able to get up without some help.

        “I can’t tell her that,” I hear in a hushed voice and my head pops up.  I recognize Niall’s voice and figure he must be talking about me.  He can’t tell me what?  I hear another voice but I can’t exactly make out who or what they’re saying so I just give it up.  I’ll pry it out of Niall later, he can’t lie to me.

        “Is that Niall?”  I hear Calum ask and see he has sat up as well.

        “Yeah, I think so,” I say trying to stand up again and succeeding.  “I think he’s talking about me.”

        “Are you sure? What did he say?”  He asks standing up as well.

        “He said, ‘I can’t tell her that’,” I say.  “I’m probably overreacting, but who else could he be talking about?”

        “Savannah,  don’t start anything right now,” Calum says as I begin to walk in the direction of the voices.

        “I’m not, I’m just going to make my presence known,” I argue and he rolls his eyes but lets me continue.  I turn the corner of the arena, my body still red and sweating, and see Niall and Luke talking.  Luke?

        Niall sees me first and greets me, “Hey.”

        “Hey guys, what’s up?”  I ask walking closer to them.  I notice Luke’s eyes wander my topless body but he quickly meets my eyes.

        “Just chatting, pep talk before the show,” he answers and I smile.

        “I thought that was my job,” I tease him as Calum finally appears next to me.

        “How was your workout?”  Niall quickly cuts in as he notices Luke’s red cheeks.

        “Deadly,” Calum answers.  “She’s crazy.”

        “Hey, you could have said no,” I defend.

        “No, I’m tough,” Calum says and I just laugh.  I can sense the awkward tension in the air and the glances between Luke and Niall and I need to get out.