Chapter 39

Songs for this chapter:

I Have Nothing-Whitney Houston

Mean- Taylor Swift

Fighter- Christina Aguilera

SAVANNAH’S POV

                I look down at my phone in complete and utter shock.  Who would do this?  Why would they do this?  How?  My mind spins one way, then the other, then upside down and I just want to delete this forever.  But it’s on the internet, I can’t.  My breathing becomes quicker and heavier as I run my fingers through my hair, squeezing my skull so tightly I hope it cracks.  Why did this have to happen right now?  This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. 

                I bring the phone to my face one more time and reread the article, hoping for some hint on who this could be:

                “The 18-year-old X Factor star, Savannah Marx, has a raw voice full of power as well as emotion.  Who could forget her moving performance such as “Listen”, “Because of You”, and “Skyscraper” on the show?  And rumor has it her new album includes many break-up ballads we’re sure we’ll crank up super loud in the shower and sing along to.  But her muse for all of this emotion seems to go deep into her past to a tale that Marx has not revealed to the public yet.  Luckily for us, a very reliable, very anonymous, source close to Marx let us in on this big secret.

                ‘Savannah was in a bad relationship for a while,’ the source says.  ‘She used to cover it up and play it off, but sometimes the bruises were just too big and bold to cover up.’  Bruises?  A bad relationship?  Sounds like danger to me.  Such a poor tale for such an amazing talent.  Whatever, it’s all in the past.  Keep doing you Savannah, you had all of us fooled.”

                This is the absolute worst thing that could have happened.  Now everyone is going to read this and ask questions I don’t want to answer.  Maybe some people will even see it as a publicity stunt and there are already rumors about me “cheating my way to the top” because of Niall.  Whoever did this clearly wanted to hurt me, but it had to be someone close to me.  None of my friends or family would, and I can’t think of any teachers that would.  Was it Jordan?  Is he just trying to call attention to himself?  I wouldn’t put it past him, he’s done sicker things.

                “Savannah?”  Niall’s voice calls out from behind the door.

                “Come in,” I say tucking my phone away and trying to calm myself.

                “You good?”  He asks as he steps into the bedroom.

                “Yeah, sorry, I was just reading something,” I say.

                “Tabloids?”  He asks boring his eyes into me.

                “Not what you think,” I defend.

                “Then tell me.”

                “I can’t,” I say even though I just don’t want to.

                “Tell me, Sav,” he says stepping closer to me.  I look in his eyes and everything inside me just falls apart.  We are together now, we have to share things.  If I don’t share with him he never will with me.  I promised him I would try, and that starts with now.  I take my phone back out of my pocket and find the article quickly handing it to him before walking over to the window seat.

                Everything just needs to slow down for a couple of days and cool off.  My life has become complete and utter chaos and only a few things are keeping me afloat.  There’s the music, and the fact that I get to write and record and perform around the world right now.  There’s the fact that all of my friends have gone back to school already so I’d be bored as hell sitting at home all day.  I get to meet fantastic people, and people that look up to me which is pretty awesome.  I’ve never really been a role model since I am the baby of the family, and it’s a nice feeling to know that I can inspire people.  And Lastly, there’s Niall.  If this wasn’t happening to me, I probably would be at home worrying and obsessing over him.  But I get to be here, in his room with him and experience this incredible journey with him by my side.  Compared to the bad things that have happened, the good definitely outweighs them.

                “Savannah,” Niall says as he sits across from me, lightly stroking the top of my hand.  “I know I normally tell you things are going to be ok, but I honestly have no idea what to do.”

                I crack a smile and say, “I do.”  His eyes meet mine as I continue,  “I’m finally at a good place, I’m not going to let this ruin me again.  When the time comes that it gets too hard to conceal I’ll come clean.  But for right now, I don’t need a scandal.  You’re the only one I can deal with right now.”

                He laughs and says, “Sorry I’m such a problem.”               

                “It’s ok,” I say taking his warm cheek in my hand.  “You’re definitely worth it.”

                “I’m glad,” he says and in the rush of my life, the only thing pulling me up is the feeling of his lips on mine, a feeling I will never forget.

~~~~~~~

I know it's short I'm so sorry, but I honestly have been stuck on this chapter for so long.  I started writing a new fic though, it's a Luke Hemmings one and I think I'm going to start posting in the summer so if you like this I think you should check it out.  I'll definitely update this though at some point before Monday !!

xoxo