Chapter 61

SAVANNAH'S POV

The busy cars of NYC pass me by while the sun shines in through the tinted window. I look down at my phone once again to see I only have a few minutes before the appointment starts and I know I'm not going to make it. I sigh and unlock my phone, quickly calling my mom to let her know the news.

"Savannah, where are you?" She immediately greets me.

"Hi, I'm sorry, I'm coming," I say, looking to the clock in the car and seeing the dead traffic through the windshield.

"What happened?" She asks.

"The radio show ran a little late, and I'm in the car now but there is so much traffic," I explain.

I hear some shuffling and a mixture of voices before one becomes clear on the line again. "Savannah, where the hell are you?" I hear my frantic sisters' voice.

"I'm on my way Shan," I say.

"Well move faster, they're not going to let us in without you," she says a fact I very much know.

"I know, I can't exactly make traffic disappear," I try.

"If you ruin this for me—" She starts to say but I hang up the phone. I feel rushed and angry enough as it is that the radio show ran so late, and also at the fact that I had to call in this favor. Just because I'm famous now does not mean I need to completely complicate the lives of others just because I need something. I don't even need this.

"How long do you think this is going to take?" I ask the driver.

"I'm not exactly sure," he says.

"Is there some back road we can take?"

"Honey, this is New York City," he sasses. I look over at my bodyguard and he just shrugs. I sit in silence for a few minutes, only moving about two blocks and I look at the clock again.

"How far is this place from here?" I ask.

"About 10 blocks," he answers and my hand immediately reaches for the door handle.

"Woah woah," my bodyguard says.

"Come on, we're going for a jog," I say.

"Nope," he says lunging across me and pulling my hand off the handle.

"If I am not there now, my sister will kill me and take you down also," I explain.

"Okay, well you can not go running through the streets of New York City," he say.

"Yeah, well, watch me," I say and open the door before he can say another word. I throw my bag over my shoulder and start dodging the front bumpers of cars, yelling out apologies and curse words.

"Hey!" I hear behind me and look to see my body guard. He reaches me as I get to the sidewalk and grabs my arm. "Stay behind me," he says as he starts a slight jog. Being much taller than I am his jog is more of a run and I do my best to keep up in my slightly heeled boots. I see him grab his phone and start talking to somebody but I'm too distracted trying not to run over people to truly understand the conversation.

I soon start to hear my own phone and pick it up to my mother. "Why did you hang up on your sister?" She asks.

"Mom, I really can't talk," I say in between breaths.

"What's going on?"

"Savannah" I hear around me and turn around. "Oh my god, Savannah!" I see a teenage girl with some others and immediately panic.

"I'll be there soon, " I answer my mom ad hang up.

"Levi!" I scream to my bodyguard just a few steps ahead of me. "Fans!" He stops and turns and puts himself in between me and the girls starting to follow me.