Chapter 52

Songs for this chapter:

Somewhere Over The Rainbow-Judy Garland

Work-Iggy Azalea

Never Say Never-The Fray

NIALL’S POV

                It’s about my third time taking a walk around the arena, awaiting the arrival of my superstar.  Savannah’s flight got delayed a couple of hours so she will have to come straight to the arena which means she will be short on time and stressed.  I want her first show to go absolutely perfect for her, she deserves it after everything.  She’s been freaking out for months and this is her chance to prove everyone wrong and I know she will, she always does.  I’m still nervous as hell for her.

                I check my phone even though she said she would be here soon but I see nothing.  I walk out onto the arena stage and sit at the edge off to the side.  People are setting up for soundcheck but other than that, everything is quiet and peaceful.  I wonder if people will be singing her songs back to her like they do for us.  I know her album isn’t out yet but she does have two singles and she told me she would do some covers and stuff too.  I’m so excited for her to see this place full of people that will be listening to her.  I hear footsteps coming closer and turn around to finally see her standing behind me.

                “There you are,” she says rushing over to me.  “This place is huge I’ve been looking for you forever.”

                “Savannah,” I sigh getting up and gathering her in my arms.  “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” she said squeezing her arms around my torso.  We finally pull away and she looks out into the endless sea of seats, soon to be filled with screaming fans.  “Wow, this is incredible,” she breathes out with nothing but adoration in her eyes.  A smile forms on her face as she moves towards center stage and I follow, but let her have her moment in the spotlight.

“Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high,” she begins singing for the empty arena.  “There’s a land that I’ve heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the raindow, skies are blue.  And dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true.”

I see her shoulders move as a tiny laugh escapes her lips.  “That was my first time as the lead in the play,” she looks back at me and explains.  “I was absolutely horrified, I hid under a table before curtain call and Troy found me and convinced me everything would be okay.  I got out and nailed my solo and that’s when I knew I always wanted to be a star.”  She pauses and spreads her arms out wide, “And now the dreams I dared to dream are coming true.”

I laugh and walk over to her as her eyes scan the arena more times.  Her eyes are glistening and I know she’s about to cry but her smile doesn’t falter.  “You deserve this,” I say to her even though I’ve said it about a thousand times.  “This is what you’ve always wanted and you’ve worked for it.  Please enjoy tonight.”

“Trust me, I will,” she says wrapping her arms loosely around my waist as I sling an arm around her shoulder.  “Thank you, for giving me my dream.  Not just singing, but the fairytale I’ve always dreamed of.”

“You’re very poetic today,” I joke and she laughs.

“I’m an artist, I’m always poetic,” she argues and I roll my eyes at her.  Soon we won’t be alone, so I take the chance to kiss her slowly and deeply and I imagine the stands cheering for us, not for One Direction or Savannah Marx, but for Savannah and I together.  This is her story, her fairytale, and I’m just a supporting role in it, but she deserves all the credit and rewards.