Act 1: Dairyuu

Act 1: Dairyuu

Deep in the mountains, a clan resided away from civilization. Peace had always been foreign for them for they were a clan of warriors.

On this night when the full moon casted its brilliance on the lands, the clan leader's wife gave birth to a healthy baby girl whose hair resembled the dusk sky.

It was a beautiful color, unique and mesmerizing.

However, the father stepped back, disbelief written all over his features. "It can't be." Only that unnatural hair color filled his gaze. He could not believe what he was seeing. The legend he'd heard from his ancestors resurfaced into the forefront of his mind, causing his heart to tremble.

"Dear?" His wife murmured weakly, cradling the child in her firm arms. She had never seen her husband so terrified before. As the clan leader, he was the fiercest and most headstrong warrior. Never in her life had she seen such fear in his eyes.

"Kill the child."

Those three words sent shudders down everyone's spine. His wife felt the surrounding temperature grow cold.

"What... what are you saying?" She asked with trembling voice. "She's your daughter! My daughter!" She was weak, exhausted, and wanted nothing more but to rest. However, the way her husband's eyes stared at their child made her stop from falling asleep.

"That's not my child," The clan leader stepped forward, hand hovering over the handle of his sword. "That is not my child." He emphasized once more. His expression was terrifying, causing the midwife to shield the weak woman and the newborn child.

"My Lord, what are you saying..? Is she not your wife that just gave birth to your child?!" The old woman demanded an answer, she could not believe that their leader would say such preposterous things.

His glower intensified as he drew the sword from its sheath. The midwife gritted her teeth as the resolute in the leader's eyes hardened. He was determined to kill — she knew that.

"Daughter? That monster is not my daughter." He raised his sword over his head, clutched with two trembling hands. The midwife felt her heart stop beating for a fraction of a second at the sight of his sword.

"How could you call our daughter a monster!? What's wrong with you?!"

"Silence!" The heavy tone he used made his wife tremble. "Do you not understand what you just gave birth to?!"

His wife was taken aback.

She didn't understand what he meant. Why was he acting so weird? Why did he want to kill their child? It doesn't make any sense.

"That monster... has dragon blood."

.

.

Long ago, before King Hiryuu became human, his sister, Dairyuu, had always been fascinated by humans. Dairyuu mingled with the humans, learning of their ways, their culture, their language, and everything else she could get her hands on.

Dairyuu loved the humans, even more so when they welcomed her with open arms. She even loved those warmongers and the darkness that they hold. She loved all their flaws.