What if..?

«What if Yoru was a thirteen-year-old girl at cannon instead of a twenty-one-year-old woman and grew up in Hiryuu Castle?»

oooOooo

"Stop doing that. I hate it when people mess with my hair."

Soo-Won chuckled as he watched Hak and Yoru. His best friend kept messing with the younger girl.

He wondered how Hak did not feel unnerved by the twin swords strapped around her waist.

They were intimidating, considering that the blades were not proportionate to Yoru.

One would think it would hinder her but in reality, she wields it better than even veterans.

"Lord Soo-Won?" Said boy hummed as the little girl tugged on his sleeves.

He caught Hak's glare directed at him, making Soo-Won sweatdrop. "What is it, Yoru-chan?"

"Can you be my brother instead of Hak?"

smack

"You ungrateful strategist!" He watched in amusement as Yoru rubbed the back of her head, where Hak had hit her. "I'm your brother!"

"Pfft— you're disgusting, brother with a massive sister-complex." Thunder boomed behind Hak and Soo-Won decided that it was enough.

"Now, Yoru-chan, you can't say that to your brother." Yoru's scowling expression instantly morphed into a beaming smile.

"Of course, Lord Soo-Won."

"... Yo... ru..." A gust of wind blew past the young noble as Yoru sprinted past him, Hak chasing after her.

A sigh left his parted lips. "Honestly, those two would one day reflect back on this day and grimace with how childish they are."

oooOooo

"Hime, you're taking forever."

"Oh, hush, Yoru-chan. It's because you don't take the time to make yourself pretty, unlike me!" Yoru rolled her eyes at the princess.

Then again, her lips were turned upright in amusement. She never really understood why Yona-hime dressed herself up whenever Lord Soo-Won arrives.

She already has her Brother Hak.

"I'm leaving if you don't hurry up." The princess yelped as she finished placing the clip with an intricate orange dragon charm attached to it.

"I'm finished!"

Yoru held out her arm for the princess to take as the orange-haired girl lead her to the courtyard where her brother and Lord Soo-Won were.

"Hey, Yoru-chan?" The princess chirped after a few moments of silence while the younger girl hummed. "Why don't you let me dress you up? You'll look so adorable in female clothes."

Yoru scoffed, making Yona pout. "There's too many layers. It makes it difficult to move in."

"Just once, please? I wanna see you all dolled up!" Giggling, the princess skipped ahead with a bright smile, making the young strategist sigh in defeat.

"Just once?"

"Just once!"

Oh, how Yoru regretted agreeing to the princess that day.